April 20, 2024, 03:07:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Jan Hammer Arpeggio Bass sounds  (Read 5207 times)

kilohurtz

Jan Hammer Arpeggio Bass sounds
« on: October 06, 2009, 10:22:55 pm »
Hey Guys

For over 16 years now I have been after a particular sound that Jan Hammer has used in many of his recordings.  The sound is typical of that which you can hear in Crockett's Theme at the beginning.  Its the arpeggio arp bass sound.

I found out on Monday after 16 years of searching that the Jupiter 8 was responsible for this sound so I purchased the Jupiter 8V.

I got it yesterday and have to say that I am impressed with the sound and certainly it has the sound I am looking for when using the arpeggio on a couple of the presets, but there seems to be different variations of the sound not only in tone but also in the way that the arpeggio sounds.  I know you have the options of up / down / random etc but Jan's sounds seems to be a little more that just the above, it seems to follow a pattern.

My question is, as slim as I know it is going to be is has anyone created any Jan Hammer sounds on their Jupiter 8V or if they haven't does anyone know what settings I should try using?

For any Jan Hammer fans out there that know his work the sound I am refering too can be heard on the following tracks.

Eurocops
Crocketts Theme
Brave New World
I Come in Peace / Dark Angel Theme Tune
Chancer (comes in at 0:43 seconds into the tune)
Lombard Trial (comes in at 0:49 seconds into the tune)

I would really appreciate any feedback from anyone regarding tips / patches which I could use with my Jupiter 8V

My email address is music.maker@btinternet.com

Many thanks

KiloHurtz

pedrosura

Re: Jan Hammer Arpeggio Bass sounds
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 09:36:21 pm »
It sounds like you don't need the arppegiator but the sequencer. On the sequencer you say play these notes relative to the note I've played. You need to mimic the sound first and then go to the sequencer and mimic the riff. I use Forte to load the Jup 8v. This is the least stable Arturia Vst. It sometimes causes Forte to crash. They are coming out with an update which aI hope will be more stable and better.

alain67

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Jan Hammer Arpeggio Bass sounds
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 12:18:46 pm »
Dont think Hammer used this on the early Vice soundtracks , everything he did was
mini through guitaramp , fairlight II, linndrum and most of all his memoryMg
later on maybe but by then he went all digital with kawai
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 12:21:27 pm by alain67 »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines