April 19, 2024, 08:07:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: 2.5 Bugs?  (Read 11872 times)

UniQue Werkx

• UniQue Werkx
2.5 Bugs?
« on: October 03, 2009, 09:54:49 pm »
There does not seem to be any templates in 2.5 stand alone version. Anyone else notice?
I also noticed that 2.5 is a bit more CPU consuming then 2.2 or is it just me?

It would also be great if you could update 2.5 or what ever version to the new VST 3 format.

Sorry if I'm not making sense. My dad just died from an aneurysm. I guess it doesn't matter how old you are, when your dad passes away, it still hurts a lot.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 10:04:38 pm by UniQue Werkx »
Christian
UniQue WerkX (electronic music) (ZT Affinity AMD Phenom II 1055T Six-Core Processor 2.8GHz | 12gb ram | 2 TB HD | Nvidia  GTS 450 superclocked | Focusrite Scarlett 18i/6 |  Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium SP1, Cubase 6, Moog Modular V2.6)
http://www.synthmusician.com/members/138/

geronimo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: 2.5 Bugs?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 11:38:09 pm »
In Standalone mode, I have the old and new patches that add on the first launch of the Mg Modular after the update .
In Plug-in mode with Digital Performer or LOGIC, CPU consuming is lower and this Mg Modular accept the Program Change with Digital Performer: a dream !
MacPro 2 X 2,66 Ghz Fireface 800 RME & LOGIC 9.1, D.P. 6.02 & Gibson ES 295 et Explorer Pro _ Viruc C & Alphatrack _
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-HVX0HLsEc

UniQue Werkx

• UniQue Werkx
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 12:14:51 am »
Lucky for MAC users. I'm using windows vista SP2.

There are still no templates even when using Cubase 5 (32 bit). So if you want to start a new sound you have to find one and start changing the settings manually to get to initial sound. I guess then have to save it as an initial sound.
Christian
UniQue WerkX (electronic music) (ZT Affinity AMD Phenom II 1055T Six-Core Processor 2.8GHz | 12gb ram | 2 TB HD | Nvidia  GTS 450 superclocked | Focusrite Scarlett 18i/6 |  Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium SP1, Cubase 6, Moog Modular V2.6)

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2009, 03:27:06 pm »
im getting audio clicks when changing presets on my g5 anyone else got this problem?
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

UniQue Werkx

• UniQue Werkx
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 06:38:39 pm »
I get audio clicks when the processor is maxed out and have to increase the ASIO buffer size. I've had to go up to 3072 buffer size for the 2.5 version and some of the sounds need more then that but were fine on the other version.

I can't believe how dead this forum is. I guess the others are not using the MMV much anymore? I guess not many like to speak up anymore?

I'd love to hear what others think about the new filter "upgrades"... do you like it or are you like me and aren't too sure?
Christian

ouzoman

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2009, 01:09:57 am »
Anybody getting a burst of noise when the VST first loads into a Cubase5 (or Live8) track?  I don't get a burst in Logic (9), but it's reproducible in the other two programs . . . sometimes also when changing a preset . . . or is it just me?

Melodious Rex

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2009, 04:53:18 am »
I'm not too sure I like the filter update.

I just installed V2.5, and I might roll it back to V2.0 as well.  I can tell the difference immediately - sounds run a bit smoother, but at the expense of character.  It seems more softsynthish and less Mgy.

BTW, I never could get V2.0 to run under Cakewalk - my 6yo single core CPU is the likely culprit, but it runs great as a stand alone app.  If I want to sequence it, I just conect my laptop to my PC - works for me.     

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2009, 10:24:55 pm »
well first more bugs .seems like on some sounds the vca level gives off a noise if touched while playing and secound clicks between presets. not too sure if the filters are better. sound a bit more digital to me, not as smooth as they were. :-\
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

UniQue Werkx

• UniQue Werkx
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2009, 06:21:22 pm »
Yeah, more bugs. I didn't notice any bug fixes to be beneficial because of the CPU usage. In certain instances I do like the new filter but not for general uses. I would like to have a choice between the two, the old and the new.

I installed the 2.2 in a separate folder so I can use both but found that the 2.5 is so CPU consuming that it's almost useless... even just loaded up in Cubase 5 by it self!

Arturia, I wouldn't advise shipping MMV 2.5! It needs to be fixed first!
Christian

Sweep

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2009, 12:13:00 am »
... I can't believe how dead this forum is. I guess the others are not using the MMV much anymore? I guess not many like to speak up anymore?

I'd love to hear what others think about the new filter "upgrades"... do you like it or are you like me and aren't too sure?

I'm always surprised how little actual musical input there is, on this site and more generally.

As far as the MMV is concerned, I often wonder if people get discouraged when they find out the hard truth that it doesn't turn you instantly into Wendy Carlos or Keith Emerson.

I share a website with Brad Gilbert, an MMV user who's done some really good music with it -  http://infinite9ths.com  (click infinite9ths for Brad Gilbert, or Sweep for me).

Our sharing the site came about through a discussion in the forums here.  But I don't know of anyone else using the MMV creatively.

Regarding the new version - I'm not really sure what this upgrade's about, to be honest.  I've spend far longer than I really want to shuffling back and to between the two versions, making comparisons.  Some things sounded pretty much the same; one or two patches sounded more gritty and less pleasant on the new version; other things may have sounded marginally better on the new one, but nothing a bit of outboard processing wouldn't alter anyway, whichever version I used.  Certainly there were no major breakthroughs that made the new version preferable, and changes to the filters seem to make little difference if you're processing the sound anyway, which I almost always do.

Arturia said there are bug fixes, so maybe the advantages are in those problems I've never had anyway, but which some other people have been very vocal about.  But from the comments already made in this topic it doesn't sound like it's necessarily helped things for people running the MMV under third party software.

So for me personally it makes more sense to keep using the old version that I was very happy with anyway, especially as I've got literally hundreds of patches I've written for that particular version.  But I can see why the new version may be preferable for some people.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 12:15:40 am by Sweep »

kenporter

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2009, 01:42:44 am »
Anybody getting a burst of noise when the VST first loads into a Cubase5 (or Live8) track?  I don't get a burst in Logic (9), but it's reproducible in the other two programs . . . sometimes also when changing a preset . . . or is it just me?

Yes, I do.  It's the VST version on the Mac that does this to me.  I thought I blew my speakers the first time it happened.  Not good! :(

Ken

BobTheDog

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2009, 08:03:50 am »
Well a major improvement is that it doesn't use 100% cpu when displaying the GUI on my MacPro!

Sweep

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2009, 08:42:16 am »
I forgot to mention one quite baffling change that's been made to the new version - the removal of the labels on the `save' and `save as' buttons.

This makes it very likely that patches will be overwritten instead of saved in their new form when edited. The only reason I didn't accidentally do that when using the new version is because I'm so used to the old correctly labelled version. For anyone using the new version for the first time it's a problem waiting to happen.

I honestly can't imagine what was going through someone's head when they made the decision to remove those labels. This is something that needs rectifying immediately.

Wookiee

• The 4077
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2009, 04:09:53 pm »
Anyone noticed any unwanted connections, in particular connections from LFO 2 the mod wheel a mixer point and the FM of OSC driver 1.

Just for the record, Yes I am new to this forum however I have been using the Mg Modular V since version 1.0 and DAW's since 1993, just not much of a forum user.
This post may or may not contain errors of an indeterminate nature.
Arturia Synths: Modular V. ARP 2600V, CS 80V, Prophet V. Mini V, Jupiter 8V, Spark VDM, Analogue Lab, Analogue Laboratory
Tunes https://soundcloud.com/wookiee-4077

UniQue Werkx

• UniQue Werkx
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2009, 08:03:38 pm »
 No. I hadn't noticed. Can you post a sample of it?
Christian

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines