April 19, 2024, 10:35:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: CS80V2 backward compatibility?  (Read 2814 times)

Tical

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
CS80V2 backward compatibility?
« on: October 06, 2009, 06:23:42 pm »
Hi,
I noted that the CS80V2 behaves in a different way compared to the last upgrades of both the MiniMg (V2) and the Modular (V2.5).

I mean, when I installed both "Mgs" (I'm on a MacIntel), the new versions replaced the older ones AND correctly managed the "total recall" in the DAW (Cubase, in my case); on the contrary, the CS80V installed a V2 plug-in, a V2 stand alone application and didn't replace anything, just as if it was a totally different software.

Why so?

What's worse, it seems V2 cannot read the V1 Cubase presets and neither can read the file I obtain when I use the "export" function in V1. 

How can I transfer my own sounds from V1 to V2 (apart from programming them again) in order to have only V2 installed?

I do not wish to keep both versions on my HD since, sooner or later, V1 won't be compatible with a future operating system, hence older projects won't load anymore.

Thank you for any advice and sorry if I missed something obvious.

T.

Sweep

Re: CS80V2 backward compatibility?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 10:49:00 pm »
I haven't had chance to try this myself, but on another forum someone said the old patches will load if you change the .ays suffix to .ays2.

Let us know if it works.

Tical

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: CS80V2 backward compatibility?
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 07:14:31 am »
Let us know if it works.

It works indeed! Thank you so much for sharing Sweep.

Hopefully the incoming V2s will follow the "Mgs" route but, anyway, I'm very happy with these upgrades and Arturia has to be complimented and thanked for their upgrade policy.

T.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines