April 19, 2024, 09:20:28 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: CS80V woe!  (Read 2646 times)

Jon Cope

CS80V woe!
« on: February 10, 2004, 10:13:57 am »
My system is a Mac G4 867MHz running OSX 2.6 with ProTools LE and an MBox. I am using the CS80V 1.1 upgrade, full version. I am beginning to wonder whether the M-Box's USB connection isn't sufficient. Using CS80v standalone works OK - I've checked the CPU use when it's working standalone and even the most complex patches don't seem to use more than 33% of CPU power.

My problems are:

1) General instability when using CS80V as an RTAS plug-in in ProTools - the instrument is very slow to react generally, and certain actions (for example attempting to change the display so I see keyboard only and not controls, or just changing patches) cause Pro Tools and CS80V to crash 'unexpectedly' - well, I am expecting it now!

2) I can get the standalone version to react to a midi keyboard, but can't get any midi keyboard control when using as an RTAS plug-in

3) In Pro Tools, I can get the Pro Tools sequencer to play a midi sequence on the CS80V by assigning a midi track out to the CS80V, and placing the synth on an audio track as a plug in. BUT I cannot get audio from the CS80V to record onto a ProTools audio track. In play mode, I can see that audio is coming from the CS80V onto the assigned audio track, but this just stops happening when I try and do the same thing in record mode.

Does anyone have any advice? It's really frustrating, and at present, this 270 Euro synth is just not usable!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines