March 28, 2024, 08:20:04 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: ORIGIN WILL NOT BOOT UP - with replacement Origin Rear  (Read 4604 times)

emerson70

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
ORIGIN WILL NOT BOOT UP - with replacement Origin Rear
« on: October 06, 2016, 09:27:29 am »
My tech has installed the (new?) replacement rear board (re Case 294729), the voltage has progressed further than before (good news) - However The Origin will NOT BOOT UP (Bad news). - No screen display or encoder activity..... and NO SOUND OUT

Is there any procedure to follow, ie a factory reset ?

If the replacement board is faulty, is there a diagnostic process we could use to test the board.

Many Thanks
Simon

Philippe

Re: ORIGIN WILL NOT BOOT UP - with replacement Origin Rear
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 09:12:25 am »
Hi Emerson,
Sorry to hear about this problem.

How are the LEDs?
If you look at the screen almost parallel to the Origin surfaces do you see a ghost image?
Can you check that the Origin is recognised as a MIDI device by your host computer?
Can you send me the logs files generated by Origin Connection when it tries to connect to your Origin?

Thx,
Philippe
Origin Lead  Developer

d3x

• Apprentice
Re: ORIGIN WILL NOT BOOT UP - with replacement Origin Rear
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2019, 04:40:01 pm »
Hello,

I see that you've had problems with your Origin some time ago.
I accidentally killed my Origin Desktop 3 weeks ago and desperately looking for a faulty one for parts.

I emailed arturia asking for the diagram but I didn't get it. So chances of repair are very low.

I was hoping to find a donor somewhere, but there is really no faulty ones on ebay or reverb.

Please let me know if you by any chance have a faulty unit and would like to sell it for parts or have access to the schematics.

Here or d3x AT wp.pl

Regards, Dex

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines