April 25, 2024, 05:31:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Use MMV2 on 2nd computer  (Read 1900 times)

danshaw

Use MMV2 on 2nd computer
« on: August 27, 2009, 11:48:28 pm »
I'm sure this has been asked before but here goes..
I want to use MMV2 on my laptop (already installed and licensed on desktop)
How is this done? The syncrosoft documentation does not clearly address how this is done.

Sean W

• Beta-testers
  • Arturia US
Re: Use MMV2 on 2nd computer
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 07:31:40 pm »
The Syncrosoft license allows you to run the MiniMg V2 on one computer at a time.

If you have already authorized the license on your desktop's hard drive, you will need a Syncrosoft compatible USB-eLicenser dongle from either Arturia, Steinberg, Korg, IK, Tascam/Gigastudio, Rob Papen, VirSyn , Vienna, etc  (USB-eLicenser dongles from those brands are compatible with Arturia licenses)
Once you have this USB dongle, you can use the License Transfer Wizard in the License Control Center (latest version available at www.elicenser.net) to transfer the license from the SeL Soft eLicenser (on your hard drive) to the USB eLicenser (dongle). This operation requires an Internet connection.

After that, you can either:
- use the dongle to run MiniMg V2 on any computer (laptop or desktop) where MiniMg V2 is installed (the dongle must be connected to the computer you want to use),
or
- transfer again the license from the dongle to your laptop's hard drive (using the License transfer Wizard again) for dongle-free operation (again, a Internet connection will be needed for the transfer). Of course, if you transfer the license to your laptop's hard drive, you won't be able to use it on your desktop anymore (unless you transfer it again).
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 07:55:32 pm by Sean W »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines