March 28, 2024, 06:12:36 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: wheres the UPDATE  (Read 21399 times)

MindPoP_

Re: wheres the UPDATE
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2009, 07:12:32 pm »
They shoulda underpromised and over deliverd. I rule at that, and thus I am TOP MAN.
Most people belive I worked them a miracle and did what I said couldnt be done. I make people belive that I went to bat for them and then hit it out of the park. Here they over promised and underdeliverd which is buiz deth in the end. Im not shure how long arturia has been around , but I have owned sparkle plenty for 16 years in the international airport, and I rule the world litteraly. They should have not said anything, yet they said july and blew it. They could have been wrong on the other end, not from the beging.The only thing I want is true midi control. I have never bought a keyboard that didnt do midi out for the controllers. Even my most ancient keys do full midi out,and it makes this board almost useless. Thats what the origin is right now useless, a novelty. Kinda cool, kinda useless. Its like a guitar with one string. A goof!

aymericf

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Return To The Source
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2009, 07:34:34 pm »
Mid october ? It is better to have a date even if it is delayed than no words. But it would have been cool to have the info on this official forum than on another... Have a good update work, dev team and see you mid october  ;)

Philippe

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2009, 10:58:33 am »
OK, OK....  ;)

Yes we should have communicate earlier and (much much) better on this 1.1 release.
Yes I should have posted my recent news on AudioFanzine on both forums.
Yes we have some difficulty to keep in line with our plannings.

Well, my intention was indeed to post on both forums but... I simply dived again in the 1.1 work and said to me every morning, afternoon, night "come on Phil, just forget the V1.1 devs for a couple of minutes and go to the forum to announce the so much awaited new"  :)

Better late than never. Our current goal is a public release mid october.

And by the way MindPop_, one of the reason we are late is because we're working on the MIDI controls and the automation of Origin so that it's a usable and easy feature to use. For some technical reason I cannot detail here it's not so easy to implement on Origin. That's the last hard point that remains before we can deliver a beta for testing, and then a public release.
Origin Lead  Developer

rcmusic

• Beta-testers
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2009, 11:19:59 am »
just forget the V1.1 devs for a couple of minutes and go to the forum to announce the so much awaited new"  :)

No Way !!   ;)

And by the way MindPop_, one of the reason we are late is because we're working on the MIDI controls and the automation of Origin so that it's a usable and easy feature to use. For some technical reason I cannot detail here it's not so easy to implement on Origin.

It's seems that adding full midi features afterwards (i mean once the product is on the market) is harder than integrate them at the first stage. An other example: NI maschine. It's great product, but no midi out support and other midi things..... they are working on full (i hope)  midi support, but it takes so much time...... so i think it's not only arturia; it's something that is hard to do, that's all. so MindPop, i understand your frustration, but it's not an easy task and arturia (and other) surely would love to finish this earlier.

Phil, a question: do you think the clicks on the delay effect, when origin is in external midi sync mode, will be corrected with the 1.1  ? thanx a lot

Philippe

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2009, 01:23:40 pm »
Phil, a question: do you think the clicks on the delay effect, when origin is in external midi sync mode, will be corrected with the 1.1  ?

Please, tell me how you get this click: which preset? is Origin synced to an external MIDI clock?
Origin Lead  Developer

ripe

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2009, 02:20:55 pm »
Yes, I was waiting for a fix on the delay clicks as well!  It makes the delay effect unusable for me as it is.

You can hear the clicks any time the delay effect is synchronized to incoming MIDI clock, it sounds a bit like when digital wordclocks are out of sync, a slight popping sound.  At first it's not really noticeable, but after you hear it it becomes quite annoying and spoils any "smooth" delay effects (like pads).

cheers
ripe

Syndromeda

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2009, 04:19:45 pm »
Well.....I must say I'm not pleased at all with another update delay. I bought my Origin about a month ago and although it sounds amazing and it can be programmed very easy, I cannot understand that midi-out was not implemented from the first time, I even thought something was wrong with my machine - this really is unbelievable! In fact, as said before, this machine is unusuable the way it is now, it's nothing more than a plackbackmachine imo.
Let's hope it will be fixed soon and then I'm sure it will be one of the best synths of the moment.
Cheers to all and let's hope all together.
Life is music and music is life.

Philippe

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2009, 04:46:31 pm »
You can hear the clicks any time the delay effect is synchronized to incoming MIDI clock, it sounds a bit like when digital wordclocks are out of sync, a slight popping sound.  At first it's not really noticeable, but after you hear it it becomes quite annoying and spoils any "smooth" delay effects (like pads).

OK, it's not yet fixed but I add this bug to the list of "has to be fixed for 1.1".
Origin Lead  Developer

rcmusic

• Beta-testers
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2009, 07:01:33 pm »

OK, it's not yet fixed but I add this bug to the list of "has to be fixed for 1.1".

okay. i thought Vincent was working on this. this is quite important  :)

syndromeda>saying is unusuable as it is is very exagerated! just think about all the musicians who are still using "real" analog synth with no midi. if everything is ok til mid october you 'll have only waiting for  less than 3 months in your case...quite short, no ?
you are right with 1.1 it will be THE synth of the moment

Syndromeda

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2009, 02:06:07 pm »
Well........that's something I'm sure about: This will be THE SYNTH of the year, when these 'minor' things all get solved.
I'm not that angry you know, just a bit dissapointed that I cannot get full advantage of this beast yet. It's hard to wait.........

Cheers,

Syndromeda
Life is music and music is life.

aymericf

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Return To The Source
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2009, 10:27:01 pm »
Oh my god nooo, two months delay added !!!! .... just joking... I hope  :-*
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 10:28:53 pm by aymericf »

cl5160316

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • CL516 BLOG
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2009, 09:23:57 am »
Ok since this thread seems to be coming alive...

...any chance MORE parameters will be able to be controlled by the 8 white encoders???

Philippe

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2009, 09:52:55 am »
okay. i thought Vincent was working on this. this is quite important

Vinz does not work anymore for Arturia  >:( He's now somewhere on the road behind mixing consoles in concerts or in studio.
Origin Lead  Developer

tomeso

• Beta-testers
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2009, 10:24:58 am »
...any chance MORE parameters will be able to be controlled by the 8 white encoders???

Yes!   ;)

Cheers
Frank
"But please don't listen to me
I've already been poisoned by this industry!"
Funk Pop a Roll - XTC

Philippe

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2009, 10:39:56 am »

Yeap. You'll be able to assign these encoders to a connection amount which is an important new possibility. On the MIDI side, you'll be able to assign most of the CCs to parameters or connection amount. So if you have made an assignment between an encoder and - say - a connection amount, and if you have assigned some CCs to the same connection amount you'll be able to automate this parameter. Origin will send the assigned CCs to the USB link, you can then record it into your favorite DAW and replay it later. That's how the automation will work with V1.1.

To make this feature a reliable one we have to work on the real-time behavior of the machine. We've already fixed jittery timings on incoming MIDI messages. Now the latency is very short (some ms) and the jitter less than 1 ms. We are currently optimizing other parts of the firmware so that automation MIDI messages are sent and received with no noticeable delay.
Origin Lead  Developer

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines