March 28, 2024, 08:46:36 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: drop the friggin' dongle!!!!!!!!!  (Read 2426 times)

m127

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
drop the friggin' dongle!!!!!!!!!
« on: July 25, 2009, 07:50:56 am »
I was about to buy the 10 year collection, and, lucky me, remembered Arturia uses a dongle.

I hate dongles for the reasons we all know, to the point of preferring not to buy any software from companies that use it, no matter how awesome the sw is.

Arturia, pretty please, drop the dongle.  You don't have to pay Stinkbug bills...  Trust your customers.  Trust people.  Most people are honest in spite of the pirates.

I know hundreds like me who simply won't buy dongled sw.

Tell you what...  Let me know here that at least *I* won't have to use the fucking dongle, and I will buy 1 license of your ENTIRE software line, including sw I don't need.

Anyway, all the best to you and your talented team.

Gothboy

• Dymaxion Vehicle
Re: drop the friggin' dongle!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 06:39:26 pm »
     Like you, I bristled at the concept of having to deal with a dongle.  The 2600V doesn't require it...but the ProphetV does.  I've led a dongle-less existence up until now...but I'm not regretting the addition of the PV to my studio.  I AM a little put out that it has to use either a native usb port or a powered hub(and my hub is not powered) so I have to either find an adapter for it or get another powered hub. ::) So yeah.....what was I just saying.....?
     I'm pretty sure Arturia is going to implement some kind of e-dongle thingy at some point.
Mac Pro 3.1,2x2.80 GHz. Intel Xeon Quad core 16GB RAM
2 OS drives: El Capitain 10.11.6\Mountain Lion 10.8.5 Ableton Live Suite 9.7.7\10.0.2
V collection 3, SparkLE 2.1, Beatstep

Dooley

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 07:23:35 am »
Doing something like Native Instruments would be tolerable. There are too many possible issues with the dongle (disappearing licenses, getting lost/broken). Not to mention it takes up a USB slot.

And as has been said before, pirates find a way to pirate software anyway. It is the legitimate customer that has to suffer and deal with dongles and so forth, not the pirates.

I'm dreading the thought that all of their synths are going to require a dongle in the future (starting with V2 perhaps?). If this is the case, I hope I can keep a copy of the CS-80V v1.6 as backup in case of problems with the dongle.

Gothboy

• Dymaxion Vehicle
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 02:23:05 am »
Woh!  Someone ELSE is on this forum besides me!?  The echo in here is unbelieveable.  I'm hoping I can use versions 1.2 of each synth alongside V2s as I have no idea what is changing in either.
Mac Pro 3.1,2x2.80 GHz. Intel Xeon Quad core 16GB RAM
2 OS drives: El Capitain 10.11.6\Mountain Lion 10.8.5 Ableton Live Suite 9.7.7\10.0.2
V collection 3, SparkLE 2.1, Beatstep

jgnunez

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 08:01:57 pm »
Well, I don't know if Antoine is the only person working for Arturia (LOL) but seems to be the most involved with the forums and tech support.

They did finaly answered my questions and solved my problems. I always liked their software. Still think that the dongle thing is a hassle, however, I also understand their security concerns. Being in the industry I know that I would not like to have my many and long hours of work copied and sold by another person at a very low price with no benefit to me.

Don't like it (DONGLE) but understant it. And I think the company is really doing an effort (at least Antoine is) to get better at customer service.

Thanks for your help Antoine.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines