April 23, 2024, 09:42:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: >SUB OSC WHEEL< wheel controller strange behaviour?!?  (Read 2654 times)

el-folie

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
>SUB OSC WHEEL< wheel controller strange behaviour?!?
« on: July 09, 2009, 10:33:19 pm »
I found nothing about it in the manual or this forum:

The "wheel" controller on the CS-80V panel reacts to the midi keyboard mod wheel BUT controls the complete after touch response of the synth. That my dear fellows is quite weird! The developers may consider to change it in a way that what the mod wheel does could be programmed in the mod matrix.

Also what exactly does the >SUB OSC WHEEL< switch mean? I donīt get it and there is nothing in the manual about it. If you click it the wheel acts as aftertouch but nothing about the SUB OSC, so what does it mean? Anyone knows this?

Dooley

Re: >SUB OSC WHEEL< wheel controller strange behaviour?!?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 08:42:27 am »
Yeah, it has to do with the touch response. I have a garbage MIDI controller without aftertouch so I don't know all of the specifics.

I do know that if you turn on the Sub Osc Wheel switch it interacts with the touch response sliders on the right part of the keyboard. It may be an option to give some control for those without aftertouch on their controller. I don't know.

Turn on the SUB OSC Wheel switch, adjust the touch response sliders and then rotate the Wheel Knob. It will change the Sub OSC rate.

Other than that I haven't messed with it much.

el-folie

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: >SUB OSC WHEEL< wheel controller strange behaviour?!?
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 11:54:25 am »
Dooley - you are king!

Yes, the >SUB OSC WHEEL< switch makes the aftertouch controls active, got it.

Thanks!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines