April 25, 2024, 04:28:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Modulation Amount, Envelope Amount, Smaller Mixer  (Read 2504 times)

cl5160316

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • CL516 BLOG
Modulation Amount, Envelope Amount, Smaller Mixer
« on: June 24, 2009, 12:01:12 am »
Hi all, I'm a new Origin owner.  Perhaps experienced users can help me out?

1.  Unlike the Access Virus, there's no dedicated 'Envelope Amount' knob. 
When I try to assign the small modulation knobs onscreen to a white knob, it says 'parameter not assignable.' 
Using the 'CV Modulator' module certainly helps, as that knob can indeed be assigned. 
But 'CV Modulator' module also won't accept audio signals from the oscillators... and I kinda wanna setup some multiple oscillator FM and hands-on tweaking.

Is there a smaller mixer module available?  Perhaps like a single channel attenuator of some sort?

Thanks!

ripe

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Modulation Amount, Envelope Amount, Smaller Mixer
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 12:18:28 am »
Is that you cl516 from KSS?  Good to see you here, I would be interested in your impressions if you post them over at KSS.

I had the same exact feeling about the env mod amount (used to it from the virus), and it was the source of my negative comments about the oddly chosen hardware knobs and the unmappable parameters.

I hope we get a good answer for your question, I ended up using the CV modulator as well, for filter env mod mapped to a knob, haven't tried FM synthesis yet though.

cheers
ripe

cl5160316

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • CL516 BLOG
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 12:23:56 am »
hi yes that's me.  i'll probably do a big blog post in a couple days, this thing sounds beautiful.

regarding the envelope amount thingy, it's a bit frustrating at first, but for the filter yeah CV modulator works fine. 

hoping the experienced folks can chime in.

Antoine

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 10:57:37 am »
The Envelope Amount currently cannot be assigned to any white encoder around the screen, but it is already implemented in firmware development version.
In other words, v1.1 will have this feature operational.
ex-Arturian

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines