April 19, 2024, 03:55:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Clearing out the processor after playing MiniMg V?  (Read 1924 times)

JTorrance

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Clearing out the processor after playing MiniMg V?
« on: June 11, 2009, 05:14:11 am »
I made another post about trying to fix this issue with program changes.  I'm using MMV in a Logic environment, and I have several instances open as Audio Units instruments.  When I play one, the processor goes up to about 50% (the first processor on either my Mac Mini or my 8-core Mac Pro), then settles back down to about 35%.  If I play another instance, it goes up to about 70% and settles at 60% after I stop, and if I play a 3rd or 4th, the processor gets maxed out and stays there.  Is there a trick to getting the Mg to stop occupying the processor if it's not being played?  I've figured out that changing the patch flushes the processor usage out, so I'm trying to get patch changes to work.  I've also assigned a program change to start, then immediately stop, the transport in Logic, which also resets everything.  But I'd rather not have to do that.  I love this instrument to death and am determined to use it, but it's unique in having this problem (I just got the V Collection, but I expect the other instruments are the same);  none of the native Logic stuff, nor any of the Native Instruments things I use (B4, FM8, Absynth) claim the processor this way.  Any ideas to get MMV to release the processor? 

Antoine

Re: Clearing out the processor after playing MiniMg V?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 09:50:59 am »
"MMV" means "Mg Modular V" in the Arturia dialect, but I presume you meant "MiniMg-V".  :)

If you close the the extension panel, you should save some CPU cycles: the Motion Recorder animated graphic interface eats some CPU cycles, closing the interface (even if the function is still running) shall save these.
ex-Arturian

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines