March 29, 2024, 10:34:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Patching the synth...  (Read 2658 times)

jp8000

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Patching the synth...
« on: June 06, 2009, 07:11:40 am »
Hello to everybody, I'm new here and waiting for my copy of Arturia's V-Collection.

I have read that if you put the virtual audiocables to the wrong place, creates that a bad feedback effect, so I'm going to ask, that is this fixed on the newest update?

(that you cannot insert the wrong cable to the wrong socket?)

Sweep

Re: Patching the synth...
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 11:17:25 am »
Well, some connections aren't allowed by the software, so I think the answer to your question is probably yes, it has been fixed.

But it's still possible to make some pretty awful noises - but then, some people seem to like that. :D

If by feedback you just mean noise, though, that's one thing. If you mean a feedback loop that'll cause your PC to overload and crash, that's another. Admittedly I know what I'm doing (more or less :D), rather than just inserting cables at random, but I've never managed to get any of my Arturia softsynths to crash, apart from one occasion when I tried something very unorthodox with the Mg Modular V. That was a deliberate feedback loop designed to replicate some circuitry designed by Harald Bode, and I knew I was risking problems doing it. But even then, it's just like any other software program crashing - nothing to worry about and no damage done. Other than that deliberate risk, no problems at all.

So basically I've created literally hundreds of patches with Arturia software and never created any problematic loops with the one exception of the deliberate abuse of the system that I set up. So you should be pretty safe.

I'd advise you to work at reasonable volumes when patching, though, and only turn the volume up if you want to when playing patches you've already worked on. That would apply with any synth or anything else where the sound is unpredictable.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines