March 28, 2024, 09:14:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Origin and MIDI  (Read 3286 times)

LeRoi

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Origin and MIDI
« on: May 29, 2009, 10:52:36 pm »
Hi gang,

Sorta new to the forum and have been looking into getting an Origin for ages; since way before it was released. I'm thinking about selling off almost all of my gear to get one.

I have read that the knobs, buttons, etc. on Origin do not transmit MIDI data. It is imperative for me to be able to record knob/button movements via MIDI. My question is this, at what point will this sort of thing be implemented?

Thanks! :)

MindPoP_

Re: Origin and MIDI
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 04:18:56 pm »
I believe it will be added in the comeing weeks of june...???Yeah.

LeRoi

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Origin and MIDI
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 07:27:15 pm »
Cool. Right now I have a slew of Mg stuff. I really really love all of it and it will be hard to part with it. I was trying to set up a sort of new school Mg modular with various pieces. In theory and practice, it would be great. The problem is that my little studio is so cramped that I can't arrange it to be useful as an integrated system.

I think the Origin would allow me to get rid of that stuff, free up space, and get a little more work done. Not to mention I would have a little extra money to fix some other boring but necessary studio gear. However, knobs, buttons, etc. not transmitting MIDI is not something I am going to settle for. I will wait for the upgrade before selling my goodies.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines