March 28, 2024, 06:55:16 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: E-Licensing assurance please  (Read 2929 times)

robinleereese

E-Licensing assurance please
« on: May 27, 2009, 06:31:38 am »
I just purchased the Analog Factory Experience & registered it.

Here's what I need to know for sure:

- If I purchase a Steinberg dongle (currently on Ebay) will I be able to put my license on it & then be able to use my new keyboard & software on another PC?

- I see lots of answers regarding this, and I see complaints regarding the fact that a dongle must be purchased.  I don't mind purchasing a dongle, but I want to be sure that this is what I need to do (as of right now 5/27/09).

- Why?  Because I see recent unexpected changes at the Syncrosoft site & the Arturia support site.  I want to be sure that by installing this on my PC tonight, that I will not have locked myself in to being required to use this PC forever!  I'll be getting a new PC & I want to be sure that I can run the Arturia on that.

- If I need the dongle to do this, I want to buy it as soon as possible.  Will a new Steinberg USB dongle do the trick?  I would try to find a Syncrosoft dongle, but their webpage doesn't have any mention of it, or how to get one.

Antoine

Re: E-Licensing assurance please
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 09:59:25 am »
Your question covers many of common users interrogations, so I will try to reply as accurately as possible, point per point:

_ You can safely store your Analog Factory license on the Steinberg dongle. Steinberg, Arturia, Korg, IK Multimedia... whatever the brand, as far as the type is correct: Syncrosoft USB-eLicenser. Don't confuse with concurrent and incompatible protection devices as PACE Ilok, Nalpeiron, etc.

_ Functionally meaning, there is no need for a need; but this is undoubtedly a major comfort of use: instant restoration in case of computer heavy maintenance, and your synth can trun on several computers of your own (one at a time).

_ The USB-eLicenser will then perfectly suit your needs.

_ Syncrosoft is now part of "Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH", the website with useful programs and docs is now http://www.elicenser.net. However I'm not sure you can buy from them directly. Rather address to your favorite local music shop (Steinerg of Korg dealer), or through our online shop or any third-party online vendor; they often sell this device as "Steinberg Key".
ex-Arturian

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines