March 29, 2024, 12:01:40 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: driver usb-midi with XP sp3 italian  (Read 5830 times)

efeso

driver usb-midi with XP sp3 italian
« on: May 16, 2009, 01:25:01 pm »
No connection from computer to origin.
The patch is available usb-midi for xp Italian sp3 (intel core 2)

because the English patch doesn't work ?

thanks

Philippe

Re: driver usb-midi with XP sp3 italian
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 08:38:38 am »
Could you tell me more about your problem? Do you mean that you cannot connect to Origin using the OriginConnection application?
Origin Lead  Developer

efeso

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 04:44:41 pm »
yes, i use the OriginConnection application.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 04:46:48 pm by efeso »

Philippe

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 06:09:28 pm »
Hmmmm. The guy who knows about this application will be back on monday. You should post a case to the support so that we can track this bug. Don't forget to give all informations about your configuration (computer, OS, firmware revision...)
Origin Lead  Developer

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 01:49:56 pm »
Hello efeso,
I am the guy in charge of Origin Connection software.
First if you have Windows XP SP3, you don't need the patch (it is only for SP2). So your problem come from elsewhere.

As Philippe said you, the best way to solve it is to pass via our Technical Support desk. With the information about the problem, you can give me the log generated by the application.

You can find it in:
C:\Document and Settings\"your username"\Application Data\Origin Connection

It will be very helpful for me to find the source of the problem.

Kevin
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 04:17:26 pm by Antoine »
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Traumkrieg

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2009, 02:42:50 pm »
I have the same issue here....XP SP3 German....it reads for 1h now Connecting to Origin
and when I want to end the app the thread crashes....think you have a problem with abandon or join the threads here....

Logfile says always the same:

CPU: GenuineIntel
Speed: 2451
Nb: 2
MMX: 1
SSE: 1
SSE2: 1
3DNow: 0

RAM: 2048 Mbytes

Preset path: C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\XXX\Eigene Dateien\Origin Connection\Presets\
App Data path: C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\XXX\Anwendungsdaten\Origin Connection\
Tmp path: C:\DOKUME~1\XXX\LOKALE~1\Temp\Origin Connection\

Create MidiProxy WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!

Traumkrieg

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2009, 02:51:23 pm »
oh...and although the log sometimes says:

Kill MainManager thread

the Process is not killed at all....it is still visible in the process list

Handles  NPM(K)    PM(K)      WS(K) VM(M)   CPU(s)     Id                 ProcessName
108       4             5944       7936    51        1.19       3076             Origin Connection

oh and one last Goodie of the Origin Connection Software..I dunno what you install there as a USB2MIDI Bridge but it prevented all my sequencers to connect to my Unitors which are connected via USB.....
and if you then deinstall Origin Connection it kindly also killed my whole MIDI Port Config....(I named my MIDI Ports with the Gear connected....)

THANK YOU!!!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 03:24:34 pm by Traumkrieg »

Kevin

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2009, 09:08:07 am »
Hello Traumkrieg,
first of all, if you have some problem with your product the best way to solve this is to pass through our support service.

Can you explain me a little bit more what happened when you uninstalled the sofware because we do not install any USB MIDI driver. We use the Windows generic USB midi driver. This driver has some issues on XP SP2 but seems to be solved in SP3.
This driver is not multi client so if you want to use Origin Connection, you must have all the other AUdio/MIDI software closed.
Maybe your problem come from this.
Let me know if it is the case.

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Traumkrieg

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2009, 09:50:40 am »
Hi Kevin,

THNX man!!!

just not plugging our USB MIDI Interfaces did the job....
would it maybe possible in the next release to connect via a "regular" MIDI Port if any MIDI Interfaces are already present?

the problem if any other USB MIDI Device is plugged is the following....
the Origin Connection looks infinitely for an Origin....and if you want to close the Task, it shuts down, but remains as a Zombie Process in memory...(could not even kill it via Powershell)....no Sequencer (we tested it with Cubase,SONAR and Samplitude) could start up again....they all hung at initializing the external MIDI engine....so we restarted all machines, and wanted to start the sequencers again.....and again they hung.....at the same point....so we uninstalled OC and tried it again..no better....restart....no better....we then had to use emagic unitor control  to get the devices reconnected again...simple unplug and lpug again did not help....the MIDISPORT we even had to deinstall and reinstall again...from then all sequencer did start up again...

Kevin

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2009, 08:53:37 am »
Hi Traumkrieg,
unfortunately,we don't plan to make it possible.   :-\
Nevetheless, we are working on a better USB-MIDI integration to improve the automation process on external hosts.

The problem you describe is very disturbing. We will do our best to solve this as soon as possible. Then, even if you will not be able to connect to Origin with Origin Connection through an external MIDI interface, the process would not lock the MIDI port.

All the best,
Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines