March 28, 2024, 07:47:03 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Congratulations to Arturia  (Read 4770 times)

jasperh

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Congratulations to Arturia
« on: April 23, 2009, 09:11:23 pm »
May i say that the process for getting the new MiniMg update was pain-free, slick and straight forward.

Also, the new presets are great, the preset cloud is brilliant and I love all the new additions.

Hats off to Arturia! Antoine: tell the rest of the team how good their product is.

Bravo.

Top notch.

jason

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Congratulations to Arturia
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 11:23:05 pm »
Oh yes, I agree with you. The Sound Map is a great new feature too.

Regards,

Jason
-
V Collection user

Rob Roff

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 05:06:49 am »
Do you guys not think that the fact that you can't actually move the soundmap window in front of the plug-in window makes it quite difficult to actually use? Since it's hidden behind the plug-in window, it's not actually usable unless you close the plugin.  ???

Antoine

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 09:42:50 am »
Thanks to all.
The team keeps an eye on the forums, so most of the developers already are aware of your warm congratulations. Thanks again.

@Rob
Depending on your OS, you can easily toggle between 'Main' and 'Sound Map' windows with a:
  • Ctrl+Tab (Windows)
  • Command+Tab (Mac)
ex-Arturian

Rob Roff

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 03:53:28 pm »
Thanks to all.
The team keeps an eye on the forums, so most of the developers already are aware of your warm congratulations. Thanks again.

@Rob
Depending on your OS, you can easily toggle between 'Main' and 'Sound Map' windows with a:
  • Ctrl+Tab (Windows)
  • Command+Tab (Mac)

Hi Antoine, this doesn't actually work. If you do cmd+tab to get to the soundmap, as soon as you click on the soundmap, it brings the plug-in window in front of the soundmap window immediately. You can't actually use the soundmap in plug-in form without closing the plug-in window. I've found it's quite quick in ableton however using the hide plug-in command, so it's not the end of the world. I'm not sure how other hosts handle hiding plug-ins though so it still might something worth looking into.

cheers,

Rob

Antoine

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 05:33:35 pm »
Sorry Ron, I did not understood this behavior was under Logic Pro. I could reproduce that on a test machine, seems it crossed through the beta test rumble, and it doesn't seem to behave the same inside other hosts.
We drop an eye and try to correct it asap.
Thanks again for the report.
ex-Arturian

Rob Roff

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2009, 07:13:36 pm »
Sorry Ron, I did not understood this behavior was under Logic Pro. I could reproduce that on a test machine, seems it crossed through the beta test rumble, and it doesn't seem to behave the same inside other hosts.
We drop an eye and try to correct it asap.
Thanks again for the report.

Cool. If you guys don't have Ableton Live for testing purposes,  that would definitely be a good thing to get, since more and more people are using Ableton as their primary DAW (especially those who make electronic oriented music, which of course Arturia synths are perfect for).

Sweep

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2009, 02:27:12 am »
Although there's still a problem to be resolved with running version 2 on my computer, Arturia support have been excellent, and I've just spent some time exploring the new features - the vocal filter and the motion recorder.

This really is brilliant. These new features open up levels of subtlety that weren't possible before.

I've always said I find Arturia's MiniMg a valuable addition to my `real' Mg, that it's far more than just a substitute for the Mg in hardware. That's far more the case than before. This really is superb.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines