March 29, 2024, 12:29:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Use Origin Like a vst in Cubase  (Read 9719 times)

bepemixer

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Use Origin Like a vst in Cubase
« on: March 15, 2009, 06:27:37 pm »
Dear Arturia Team , I bought Arturia Origin by a friend and I have installed Origin Connection and last firmware 1.0.0.7 and I Don't view Origin in my Cubase 4 VST (Original).
I'm wrong in something.

Sorry for my English a great thanks for all Arturia Team

Bye

Giuseppe
Italian boy

Philippe

Re: Use Origin Like a vst in Cubase
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 01:59:38 pm »
No problem with your english  :)

The "Total Integration" à la Virus via a VST or AU plugin is something we plan to deliver at some point. But it's a very difficult feature to implement and we have a lot of expected functionalities (especially the vintage synth ARP2600, CS80, Jupiter8... templates) to develop before. We've already started the work on that "TI" plugin and we still have a lot of work to finish it. So to be honest, don't expect this anywhere before the beginning of 2010. In the meantime, next release will likely contain what is necessary to manage the automation of Origin using MIDI messages.

Origin Lead  Developer

bepemixer

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 08:34:09 pm »
Ok  thank and good work. :)

Giuseppe

jagron

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2013, 07:57:08 am »
Hi,
this answer from Arturia is nearly 4 years old !!!!! o bought the Origin, thinking i can yuse it in any DAW like any other Hardware Synth- and this is not an exclusive special super duper crazy function. I think it is normal to expect that i can use a synth in a daw like cubase. 4 years and nothing happened. What the hell is going on there? I would appreciate a statement from arturia about your plans for this feature. Will you do it or not? For me it is a necessary info to decide to hold or sell this (for now useless und expensive) pice of gear.A simple question : yes or no!

tonea

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 02:58:37 am »
Man I feel you. This companys attitude towatrds its customers and the origin is pretty strange. I really like the origin so I am cool. But I dont understand the reason for the holdups. I think it is coded so badly that simple updates are a problem. And adding these features would probably create some more problems. So I am going to enjoy it for what it is and not for what it should and could be. Hope you enjoy.

Philippe

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 09:23:22 am »
Hi,
this answer from Arturia is nearly 4 years old !!!!! o bought the Origin, thinking i can yuse it in any DAW like any other Hardware Synth- and this is not an exclusive special super duper crazy function. I think it is normal to expect that i can use a synth in a daw like cubase. 4 years and nothing happened. What the hell is going on there? I would appreciate a statement from arturia about your plans for this feature. Will you do it or not? For me it is a necessary info to decide to hold or sell this (for now useless und expensive) pice of gear.A simple question : yes or no!

Likely no concerning the total integration (similar to the Access Virus TI).

Notice however that we did provide the automation of Origin with a DAW using MIDI CCs.

What may be available in an undetermined future is a software editor but it won't include the audio management.
Origin Lead  Developer

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2013, 08:01:05 pm »
Hi Philippe!

I don't care about TI-like integration cause in Virus it's far from total. In fact with my Virus+Logic I don't use TI at all, it's far too unreliable. Of course if it worked it would be marvelous feature. But considering how many years Access has tried to finish it, I suppose it's very difficult to make.

But big yes to editor and better librarian! I just wish this would happen in quite near future...?

tertior

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2013, 04:36:09 pm »
Celà va faire grincer des dents mais je serai plus partisan pour de nouvelles ou améliorations de l'Origin lui même comme filtre , effets,  templates lite etc  qu'un editeur plus performant. Pour moi il me va très bien. ;)

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2013, 11:35:01 pm »
^ Jeg er ikke helt sikker på hva du sier, men utifra det lille jeg skjønner så er jeg mest sannsynlig ganske så enig. Très bien, indeed  :)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 11:36:52 pm by DrJustice »

tonea

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2013, 05:21:49 am »
Buying a product then begging them to make it the way it should be. Duh

tonea

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2013, 05:32:18 am »
This origin is definitely the coolest board out there. But the way they are dealing with it is crazy. I made about 4 grand allready creating sounds for clients. So I really dont want them to sell to many. I know that sounds selfish but. Uniqueness is what I get paid for. Nobody but us has these sounds. But they really put a bad taste in my mouth the way they deal with customer service and updates and just plain communication. But once I was able to get a board that worked. I was able to work so I am not as hostile about the company since it has paid for itself twice over. So I apologize to all offended and god bless arturia and the arturians. Peace.

tertior

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2013, 06:07:02 pm »
^ Jeg er ikke helt sikker på hva du sier, men utifra det lille jeg skjønner så er jeg mest sannsynlig ganske så enig. Très bien, indeed  :)

I you feel tense in your the pants Dr Justice  (je te sent tendu du slip) not easy to translate and I don't speak a word of english,sorry.
 We like the origin and it is the main

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2013, 02:43:38 pm »
I was just joking, tertior. I don't speak a word of French, but I'm fairly adept in my native tongue. It's old school forum humour: answering a message in a 'strange' language with a message in another 'strange' language  :D

Google translate is a funny thing, eh? No I don't feel  particularly tense, in my pants or elsewhere :) What I think I understood of your message was that you'd like to see new synthesis functionality rather than VST integration, and I agree. That would be Très bien!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 01:04:32 am by DrJustice »

tertior

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2013, 11:10:12 am »
No problem Dr Justice; I'm for the peace and I 'm a joker;  it was a french  joke . You are the best after me here.
PS: I screwed up with the post in french I know

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines