March 28, 2024, 09:39:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Important Notice  (Read 73121 times)

Adam G

Important Notice
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2008, 05:47:31 pm »
Vincent,

I think that the greatest frustration comes from the software not reaching its potential. For many, myself included, the idea of a virtual Mg modular is inspiring and exciting. Many of us like to build our own sounds and the patch cable paradigm is both familiar and flexible. Since I'll never own a real Mg modular, this is as close as I will ever get.

First, the good news. The MMV sounds great. Fat, warm, and lush. Does it sound exactly like the real thing? No. But how could it? I have no illusions on this matter. That being said, the MMV is capable of some classic synthesizer sounds and some way out stuff as well.

The bad news is that the bugs interrupt the creative flow. If I'm composing and I encounter a technical problem, I then have to go into troubleshooting mode and that has nothing to do with music. As a responsible user, I consult the manual, which almost never solves the problem. Then I scour forum after forum, which is equally fruitless. Before I know it, 30 or 40 or 60 minutes have gone by, my problem isn't solved, and and I'm nowhere near the frame of mind I was in when I was actually composing music.

I really want to use this software and get deep into it but I can't because it is too dysfunctional. I suspect that if MMV was as big a seller as Arturia's other products, there would be more support for it. It is akin to NI's Reaktor, another great app that is very slow to progress because NI is turning its attentions elsewhere.

The best I can do is cast my vote in favor of Arturia paying attention to the MMV again. I hope this happens and that I can come to rely on the MMV as a creative tool. If not, it won't be a surprise. The real surprise will be a functional V3.

Thanks,

Adam

Ted Perlman

• http://www.tedperlman.com
Important Notice
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2008, 06:37:36 pm »
Quote from: "Adam G"
The best I can do is cast my vote in favor of Arturia paying attention to the MMV again.

Arturia is an immoral. low life company. They make some great products - I still use the Analog Factory 1 and the Mini Mg V in spite of how I feel about them.

But they need to pay attention to their customers first. They used to understand this, but have forgotten. Now their concern is a few supposedly high end pros at the expense of everybody else, including pros like myself. The best any of us could hope for is that somebody who actually has some morals and a good business head comes in and buys the company from the devil who owns it now.

Stadanko

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Important Notice
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2008, 06:43:01 am »
Either that or once you guys release Origin(your everything including the kitchen sink product) support your customer base and your other products. It has become ridiculous. I am aware that you guys have stretched yourselves very thin and gone out on a limb with origin. But in the end its not enough for your customers to settle for,"Oh well we just couldn't get around to it." Leaving things like the mouse scroll not working till god knows when....

What will decide it for me is what happens after origin is released...I can live without these products.

Antoine

Important Notice
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2008, 06:48:04 pm »
The Users' Support at Arturia has been rebuilt in September 2007, some of you may have not noticed that, many others did.
I'm personally in charge of it, and I should be helped in a near future for this task. I process 40 to 60 cases each day, and most of them are cleared and the user is satisfied within hours, more if the case sounds harsh.

Arturia is an immoral. low life company

Crap! If it was true, be sure I would not work here!
Arturia encloses talented developers that put their blood-and-guts in the synths (software and hardware).
I already heard about you Ted, and not in kind words; I'm sure there must have been a misunderstanding somewhere between you and Arturia and I deeply regret it, but don't come here to discharge insanities or I may moderate the topic and I pray I'll never have to do that.

So thanks to stay gentleman.
ex-Arturian

sunsinger

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Important Notice
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2008, 01:14:34 am »
Ok, so lets put this customer service to the test...

I have been searching the forums for any reference to Arturia Products and compatibility
with Mac Leopard OSX 10.5, also Pro Tools 7.4.2 and Intel Mac Pro computers.  One of the reasons I purchased the MacPro is so that I could have more instanciations of Arturia Synths running at once...

I have been surprised to find that my search on your forum has 0% references to these questions.
I cannot believe that this is true...

So, what is the compatibility answer?  Will I ever get to run my Arturia plugins again?  or are they vaporware, because I was going to buy the Jupiter... 
Use Brian Eno's "Oblique Strategies" when your stuck creativly.  Example  "Honor thy mistake as a Hidden Intention"...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines