March 28, 2024, 03:42:11 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: AFE USB MIDI Controller Not Recognized By Windows XP.  (Read 3176 times)

b3wannabe

AFE USB MIDI Controller Not Recognized By Windows XP.
« on: December 27, 2008, 12:00:00 am »
Hello. I've read prior messages on this topic and remain stumped.  I installed Analog Factory Experience alright, but cannot get the keyboard controller to work. What I've tried so far: 1) Installed the AFE software update (2.2.x); did the RegEdit trick; 3) swapped USB ports every which way; and 4) fiddled with the settings in preferences.

I'm running a Sony VAIO with Windows XP. The software works; and I've been able to use another midi controller, but I would like to use the native AFE CME controller for the user interface advantages.

In the 'device manager' (control panel / system) I get a yellow question mark by the AFE entry. Error message [#28] says driver not installed. In the Arturia software 'preferences' dialog, I do not see an entry for this keyboard nor a standard audio USB option.

How do I get the computer and/or Arturia software to recognize the CME controller?

Much appreciated if you can help.

Antoine

Re: AFE USB MIDI Controller Not Recognized By Windows XP.
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 09:15:16 am »
The controller should be automatically recognized by the operating system as "USB audio device" (USB class compliant). But computers poetry sometimes proceeds.

Please try to feed your system device manager with the attached *.INF driver file, this should run nicely.
ex-Arturian

meifert

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: AFE USB MIDI Controller Not Recognized By Windows XP.
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 10:14:26 am »
Hi, where can I get the AF 2.2 upgrade + the magic registry key!!

Antoine

« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 11:58:05 am by Antoine »
ex-Arturian

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines