April 19, 2024, 03:41:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: which controller keyboard?!  (Read 3247 times)

missing1

which controller keyboard?!
« on: December 08, 2008, 04:35:48 pm »
hey everyone...I'm new to keyboarding and am about to follow the dream and get a controller keyboard, along with the Jupiter 8v.  I'm a mac user, too.

Wondering which controller is recommended?  All my heroes use Roland, so the Edirol's look nice, but I'm reading a bit about the Axiom's too.  Anything else I should take a look at?  Any glaring pro's/con's to know about?

Thanks in advance,
Matthew

pedrosura

Re: which controller keyboard?!
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 01:49:59 am »
As far as keyboard controllers make sure you try whatever keyboard controller you decide to buy before you by it. I have an axiom 61 and KX8 and I like them very much but there is both a learning curve on your keyboard and also it took me sometime to get use to the touch. I am looking at a vx7 so that maybe my next one. I have heard there are issused with the drivers but they look very promising.  I have not tried the Edirol. Are you planning to record or play live? If it's for playing live I recommend brainspawn Forte. 

As far as the Jupiter 8, I have it but I got to tell you that I am way more impressed with the CS-80 and MiniMg. I have the whole collection. Those to keyboards blow me away every single time. I have still to get sounds from my Jupiter 8 that really blow me away. The presets that came with it leave something to be desired. Only if you play around with them you'll see what I'm talking about. I have been able to duplicate famous sounds but the miniMg and CS-80 are just that much more impressive.  My opinion, of course. Here is a video with my two keyboards...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aeQBmUJbr0&feature=channel_page

missing1

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 07:16:30 pm »
Good idea - I'll definitely have to have a hands on look at anything before buying...

Just saw a documentary about Mg the other day - quite interesting.

I'll probably go ahead and get the pack as well, not just the J8.

the videos were cool - thanks for the advice!
matthew

pedrosura

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 09:49:57 pm »
You welcome. It will take you a long time to go throught all the synths in the V collection. I can take the miniMg and CS-80 and just a a general idea of how to modify a sound to get a change I can imagine in my mind. All the other ones will take a very long time.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines