April 19, 2024, 04:10:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Template  (Read 8938 times)

CosmicDust

Template
« on: December 05, 2008, 09:21:30 pm »
Oberheim would make a nice Template in the Origin  :)

rcmusic

• Beta-testers
Re: Template
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 12:05:13 pm »
yeah, but before having this template, they would have to create all the modules of an oberheim synth......

CosmicDust

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 06:08:01 pm »
Is'nt that part of keeping customers happy?

rcmusic

• Beta-testers
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 07:40:00 pm »
of course  ;) but let them deliver the templates' synths of featured modules before :)

CosmicDust

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2008, 09:23:59 pm »
I'm with you all the way on the templates that are being worked on now...
The Oberheim is something for consideration in the future on a wish list  :)
And by all means I respect the amount of work that Arturia is doing to make the Origin what it is, actually I love the Origin. It is complimenting the other equipment that have very well... Mini Mg Voyager, Dave Smith Polyevolver, Prophet 08, Virus TI, Novation A Station and Roland JD 800

Cheers

synthguy99

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2010, 04:42:39 am »
Does anyone have any key methods using the existing Origin modules to create Oberheim or Prophet sounds?
One day, I want my keyboard studio to be a synth museum like Hans Zimmer's

p.s.  PRAY FOR THIS PLANET!!

holografique

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2010, 06:07:48 am »
You can use the Wavetable Oscillator modules. these are modeled after the Prophet VS wavetables.

Other than that, there is no Prophet Oscillator or Prophet Filter module as of yet. I would think eventually they will have an oscillator and filter module modeled after the Prophet 5 since they already have that as a VST product today...

-o

holografique

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2010, 06:13:47 am »
Oberheim would make a nice Template in the Origin  :)

I would love to see some classic Oberheim SEM filter modules or oscillators.

Another great one to model would be the Oberheim Xpander. The Origin already has a very similar architecture in that it has very flexible modulation routing capabilities like the Xpander. I would think the most complex part will be modeling the oscillator and the 15-mode filters. the LAG generators, the Ramp generators, and the tracking generators are all just variations on ways to generate modulation data. I believe those were pretty much the main pieces that made that synth unique.

-o

Superwaldi

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2010, 12:05:01 pm »
I would rather see more modules than more templates.

Some more filter modules, envelopes and oscillators wold be great. Additionally some new synthesis like physical, granular, fm would be appreciated.

holografique

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2010, 06:02:26 pm »
yea, I would love to see some envelope modules with a more "analog" response to them. particularly smoother response for the decay when set to a short time. you can get those classic sharp "laser" blips" and punchy bass sounds with the response times of most classic analog synths. I have to try the CS-80 envelop to see if it has better decay response. But the main Origin envelope module doesn't quite cut it. Still has that "digital" response to it.

I know they can do it cause the envelopes on the Mg Modular V and MiniMg V definitely have this characteristic.

-o

tomeso

• Beta-testers
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2010, 11:11:42 am »
Hi,

regarding the Envelopes: those are really flexible in the way that you can adjust their "behavior".
Just make sure you set the "Slope" values right for A, D and R and that the values for the Pre-Decay are set correct.
Same is true for the Mg Modular V which has the same Pre-Decay parameters

Frank
"But please don't listen to me
I've already been poisoned by this industry!"
Funk Pop a Roll - XTC

Cord

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2010, 02:41:52 am »
Hi,

regarding the Envelopes: those are really flexible in the way that you can adjust their "behavior".
Just make sure you set the "Slope" values right for A, D and R and that the values for the Pre-Decay are set correct.
Same is true for the Mg Modular V which has the same Pre-Decay parameters

Frank

Would have been really nice when the manual would talk about the slope parameters a little more, as well as the pre-decay stuff, which is a little easier to figure out though.

tomeso

• Beta-testers
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2010, 05:55:14 pm »
Would have been really nice when the manual would talk about the slope parameters a little more, as well as the pre-decay stuff, which is a little easier to figure out though.
I agree, I would also like to have a really simple ADSR modul as an option.

Frank
"But please don't listen to me
I've already been poisoned by this industry!"
Funk Pop a Roll - XTC

Philippe

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2010, 02:30:53 pm »
Would have been really nice when the manual would talk about the slope parameters a little more

Yes, you're right. The "slope" allows you to adjust the A/D/R curve from a linear one (fully counter-clockwise) to a sharp "log" one similar to a capacitor charging  (fully clockwise).

Origin Lead  Developer

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines