March 28, 2024, 08:22:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Minibrute SE  (Read 17885 times)

Thierry -Arturia

• Administrator
  • Apprentice
Re: Minibrute SE
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2014, 10:31:42 am »
@bartleby,
The analog path is definitely identical, for the rest I am not able to announce any future sequencing capability for the original MiniBrute or arp capability for the SE, sorry.
Those are two -slightly- different beasts !

@mcx
This systematic keybed replacement includes our stocks, our distributors' stock and most dealers' stocks. Sadly, we are not able to have Chuck Norris check each retailer in the world. It seems we should at least send him to yours, though.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 10:41:36 am by Thierry -Arturia »

bartleby

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2014, 11:00:38 am »
@thierry: thanks for getting back so quickly. quite a bummer, though.
i'm afraid that marketing strategy is going to alienate a lot of customers.

here's hoping that at least the wait for the mb fw update already announced by bruno (with local off etc, and hopefully the ability to clock the arp/seq with analog gate signals) will soon be over...

Bert

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2014, 01:00:40 pm »
i am so fucking pissed off about this release. i don't give a shit about the new faceplate and side panels, but the addition of the sequencer? really!?!? HOW FUCKING HARD WOULD THAT BE TO ADD TO THE EXISTING MINIBRUTE?

HOW ABOUT SUPPORTING YOUR ORIGINAL CUSTOMERS LIKE Mg DID FOR THE LITTLE PHATTY!?!? Apparently it wasn't THAT hard for them to add functionality to their exisiting synths without fucking over the consumer.

Why not provide an upgrade? Really!

Buy a MicroBrute and watch what you can when you change the note priority (thanks to Mark Doty): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3ij2os8i9w

I guess you will not be angry anymore?  ;D

Doshin

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2014, 03:00:45 pm »
I'm really dissapointed. Releasing the SE before releasing a firmware update adding a sequencer function is mean, man. Arturia knows that MB customers are craving for a sequencer and instead updating the firmware they release a cosmetic update of the MB with the sequencer function added.

I was thinking into buying a Microbrute to complement my Minibrute (btw has not any issue with keybeds or anything else) but now I will considerate another option. I will not support a company that leave their customers alone once they buy their products.

jooechip

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2014, 01:19:35 am »
Arturia knows that MB customers are craving for a sequencer and instead updating the firmware they release a cosmetic update of the MB with the sequencer function added.
 I will not support a company that leave their customers alone once they buy their products.

Vote with your wallet guys, it's the only thing these people understand! Never buy another Arturia product again.
There are lots of other hardware/software guys out there who deserve your support more.
And any chance you get, spread the word about the terrible way Arturia have dealt with Minibrute owner's requests.
It's that simple.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 01:24:21 am by jooechip »

Doshin

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2014, 01:16:03 am »
Any good option to the Micro with CV input?

stevism

• Beta-testers
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2014, 07:59:49 am »
Arturia knows that MB customers are craving for a sequencer and instead updating the firmware they release a cosmetic update of the MB with the sequencer function added.
 I will not support a company that leave their customers alone once they buy their products.

Vote with your wallet guys, it's the only thing these people understand! Never buy another Arturia product again.
There are lots of other hardware/software guys out there who deserve your support more.
And any chance you get, spread the word about the terrible way Arturia have dealt with Minibrute owner's requests.
It's that simple.

spot on. a shame it's come to this, but spot on indeed.

tomeso

• Beta-testers
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2014, 09:26:43 am »
Relax guys ... no need to be so pushy and so angry.
The MiniBrute SE has just been announced and is not shipping yet, let's wait and see. 
"But please don't listen to me
I've already been poisoned by this industry!"
Funk Pop a Roll - XTC

tertior

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2014, 10:47:23 am »

Do not Shoot the Piano Player; Elektron released the Analog Key at the same time as the update to the A4 ....
Aruria is one of the first companies that give access to analog, there is something unthinkable a few years. :-\

scott_neon

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2014, 05:53:37 pm »
and hey, we can all just buy beatsteps at the end of the month and sequence our original Minibrutes to our hearts content!! ;)

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2014, 01:23:06 am »
and hey, we can all just buy beatsteps at the end of the month and sequence our original Minibrutes to our hearts content!! ;)
BeatStep uses a different type of step sequencing, which ends up complementing microBrute/MiniBruteSE sequencer.

I was honestly a little bit disappointed to see the Arpeggiator mode gone from MiniBruteSE.
I hope that, eventually, in the future, a firmware update allows both modes on-board or at least the choice to set it to one or the other.

dyears

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2014, 06:44:41 pm »
Will the Beatsteps sequencer (combined with the Minibrute) work the same way as the SE or Microbrute sequencer? Will you be able to write and then transpose the sequences via the Minibrute keyboard?

...I'm new to synths and sequencers, hope I'm making sense.

BigGeekAl

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2014, 12:45:27 am »
Hi there.
Anyone know if the SE sequencer will have a hold function that can be turned on similar to the Microbrute?

mouchon

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2014, 03:41:57 pm »
@mcx: I read somewhere it was going on sale "End May"
Here is Canada it might be end May 2015 as we always get stuff last  >:(

I also read somewhere it had (much-needed) "Improved build quality" but couldn't see it

Question: will the SE sequencer be synched with MIDI CLOCK IN (seems the bare minimum) and will it generate MIDI OUT notes (not the case currently on the Arpegiator)

statik

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2014, 03:41:01 am »
go play around with a dsi tetra for a few weeks then these devices will be pure bliss. damn who cares how they look, it's the sound what we want, i mean it's not gonna be your damn girlfriend now is it

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines