April 18, 2024, 09:16:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Automating program changes?  (Read 5279 times)

reddog

Automating program changes?
« on: November 24, 2008, 12:16:46 pm »
I'm new to Jupiter-8V and I've been trying to figure out how (if it is possible at all?) to automate program changes.  I'm a Logic Pro 8 user.

I also have Prophet V.  Program changes in Prophet V are very straight forward - Bank cc 0, Sub-bank cc 32 and then the program number.  I realise that the programs are organised quite differently in Jupiter, but not being able to automate programs changes is very limiting.  Jupiter is not the most CPU friendly instrument - I'd rather be able to change programs rather than create more instances of Jupiter.

Hopefully it's just my ignorance and someone can enlighten me.

reddog

Re: Automating program changes?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 02:58:45 am »
It's been 3 months and and over 100 views and still no to answer to what I thought was a relatively straightforward question.

Does Jupiter-8 V respond to program change messages?

I haven't been able to do it so far.  So maybe the answer is 'No'.  Which is surprising since all of Arturia's other instruments do as far as I know.

So, if anyone could enlighten me further on this issue, it would be much appreciated.

Jive Talking Robot

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 03:54:16 pm »
You are wanting to send a MIDI command to change the program/bank on a single track while playing back in your DAW correct? My problem is related, but, quite frankly, even more basic. 

I just purchased this synth and was setting it up via Novation's Automap... and I was stunned it coudn't receive the program/bank change commands from my Remote (like every other VST can, including Arturia's MiniMg V).  I am simply trying to scroll through / audition the presets via the prgram/bank knob on the ReMote SL 37.  This is so stupidly basic, I thought I HAD to be doing something wrong... so I consulted the manual, but I could find nothing that addresses this.  So... I came to the forum, and here we are.

So... how are people changing banks and programs remotely?  Or are you all simply using the mouse? (barf)

The whole reason I use a Remote SL and fine tune my mappings is so that I DON'T have to click on the screen.  Surely either I am doing something wrong (lord knows it wouldn't be the first time) or there is a bang up easy way to simply change banks/programs remotley.

I am using (and am new to) Cubase 5 32 bit under Vista 64 bit if that is of any use... if there is a way to do this via Cubase, I am ALL ears!

Can anyone comment on this?

Many Thanks!

Antoine

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 01:33:27 pm »
With the Program Change MIDI message, you shall include the MSB (for the banks) and the LSB (for the sub-banks).
This works for most of the Arturia synthesizers, unfortunately except the Jupiter-8V for the moment (and I have a doubt on Analog Factory also).
ex-Arturian

reddog

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 09:33:11 am »
Thanks for the reply, Antoine.

I've been waiting a long time.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines