April 18, 2024, 01:28:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: CANT GET PROPHET V TO SHOW UP AFTER INSTALLING. . .  (Read 5201 times)

TWINSTATES

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
CANT GET PROPHET V TO SHOW UP AFTER INSTALLING. . .
« on: October 26, 2008, 05:18:29 pm »
HI All,

I hope someone can help with a prophet v issue, I cannot get it to show in Ableton after I install. Have tried installing from original disk, then running update, deleting application and vcomponent files then just running the update.

All to no avail.

It worked on my mac book, not on my new mac pro (leopard)

Any ideas?

Also for some reason te synchrosoft dongle seems to be disappearing every so often with the Jupiter as well. i get an error message relating to not finding the dongle and then ableton creashes< related perhaos?

Thanks
Aidan

Antoine

Re: CANT GET PROPHET V TO SHOW UP AFTER INSTALLING. . .
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 09:27:05 am »
1. Make sure your dongle is plugged directly to the computer, not through any USB hub.

2. Make sure the Prophet-V is now properly running in standalone mode.

3. In Live, rescan your VST plugins folder in the Preferences window, possibly with a Ctrl+clic (force full scan): check your Live User's Manual for deeper information.

Hope that solves.
ex-Arturian

TWINSTATES

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 12:37:53 pm »
Hi Antoine,

Thanks for the reply, couple of things though:

1. I have got the dongle  plugged into a USB port on the front of my mac pro. It works as I can also load the rest of the V collection (although as mentioned the Jupiter 8 is causing problems with the dongle occasionally. This seems to be rectifiable by reinstalling from the update posted on your website and then reinstalling the latest version of the synchrosoft software).

It's the AU version that i am trying to load not the VST, have tried re scanning the AU plugs to no avail.

When i try to launch the plug in stand alone mode (from the applications folder) it launched but returns an error message - something about error 2? I think - I will check in the studio shortly and post the exact message).

Thanks

Aidan

TWINSTATES

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 01:33:28 pm »
Hello again,

OK so it wont open in standalone mode and the error message i get is error then a couple of blank lines then the number 2 as the error message.

I have also tried rescanning the AU's in Ableton top no avail.. ...

Thanks

}Aidan

Antoine

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 05:09:37 pm »
If the synth does not open ins standalone mode, theoretically it won't open in hosted mode neither.

Please try a couple of other USB ports, that might solve.
ex-Arturian

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines