April 18, 2024, 10:59:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Origin manual already outdated ?  (Read 2104 times)

Patrice

Origin manual already outdated ?
« on: November 02, 2008, 05:23:48 pm »
A few words about the manual (I'm still in the course of reading).

First, it seems to refer to a previous version of the firmware:
- Many abbreviations differ from the ones used on the Origin (for example, MULTI instead of MLT - the screen captures are correct, though).
- Some presets names and number used in the follow through examples are different.
- The MIDI tab actually contains much more options than what is described in the manual (even the screen capture doesn't match in this case). I wish we could have a description for all the options (not all are obvious!).

Second, not everything is in the manual:
for example, on page 45 is a description of the Main tab. It is not stated that the jog dial browses only the non empty presets (after 399, it jumps to 1000), where as the + and - keys browse all presets, including the empty ones. It seems to be intended, not a bug, but one has to guess it.

Third, the (printed version of the) manual is black and white, but the text on page 25 refers to "red, green and yellow lines". The pdf is useful in this case. (By the way, Arturia included a high resolution (216 Mb) version of the pdf on the CD, with full colours captures).

Of course, these issues are not a bar to the learning of the Origin, but it's a pain in the neck at a stage where the user has a lot to assimilate (and all he wants is to use the synth!).

So, I hope there will be an update of the pdf manual, at least, with the arrival of the next templates, following an update of the firmware. (Only the MiniMg template is described in this one.)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines