March 28, 2024, 11:19:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Help... I need the sound to begin AS SOON as I press a key  (Read 3068 times)

G-Returner

Help... I need the sound to begin AS SOON as I press a key
« on: October 29, 2008, 04:03:33 pm »
Hello,

I'm new to the MiniMg V software and right now, for the most part, I'm happy to just randomly fiddle with the settings until I find something I like.

There is one exception, however. I want the notes to start ringing at the very millisecond I press the key, and most of the time it's not doing that. I'll press a key and the sound will start like a quarter of a second later. Even though it's not a long delay, this however makes it impossible to play together with an independent rhythm section.

So help me! Which setting do I need to change to get the sound working full blast at the very moment I click one of the keys?

Thanks in advance

Marland

Re: Help... I need the sound to begin AS SOON as I press a key
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 05:06:48 pm »
What Audio Driver are you using?

Antoine

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 06:20:43 pm »
Just drop an eye to the Preferences menu entry, choose the correct audio driver (ASIO is a reasonable choice for Windows users), set the best latency/sound compromise, then blow your speakers (and your neighborhood patience).  ;)
ex-Arturian

G-Returner

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 09:30:16 am »
Thanks, I hadn't installed an ASIO driver. That did the trick, working fine now.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines