March 29, 2024, 02:23:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: conforming AF to pro tools tempo?  (Read 2670 times)

playsguitars

conforming AF to pro tools tempo?
« on: June 03, 2008, 11:39:14 pm »
I was just wondering if the oscillations can be conformed to tempo easily? I've found some really cool synths with version 2.0, and want to keep them in tempo with a song, but don't know how :?:
I like cool noises.

MICTRIP

Re: conforming AF to pro tools tempo?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 04:37:29 am »
I just bought AF was wondering why the heck there is no BMP adjustment. I know these are vintage synths, but it seems someone dropped the ball on that one. I know I've only owned this product for a few hours, but all I can figure out is to set a beat on one sof my hardware keyboards and then try and match the tempo then save it as a user preset. GEEZ!!
I thought I might be able to sequence as a VST instrument in a recording program like ACID or cakewalk, but I've never used a VST instument before abd so far am unable to figure out how VST works in music programs.
I wish you luck, I will also keep searching for a solution. If I find it I'll post it.

mbrito

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: conforming AF to pro tools tempo?
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 04:42:18 pm »
I don't believe the sequences built in to AF can be changed or modified to different tempos. As a stand alone instrument "What you see is what you get".
So you must load Arturia as a VST instrument into your sequencer to be able to run sequences, but again "don't use the sequences built in" you can't change them. find a lovely synth sound with a short attack and decay for the best results and create your sequences there.
In the near future I will put up a general post on VST, as the manual for AF is seriuosly lacking in that department.
If I had one wish  for AF it would be that they will build a BMP adjuster for the sequences for those who wish to use it as a standalone instrument. then it will be truely more powerful on its own, and not depenent on external software.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines