April 19, 2024, 05:11:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Anyone got this working??  (Read 4354 times)

simonclivehughes

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Anyone got this working??
« on: December 08, 2003, 04:13:26 pm »
I recently bought this package and I'm having nothing but trouble. I'm running it on an HP Pavilion 8485Z (1 GHz P3) with max RAM and XP-Pro. I am also running other music packages (such as Reason, Sonar, The Grand etc) with no problems

I started with version 1.1 which came on the CD and it seemed to work for a while but when I updated to 1.2, it consistently locks up the whole machine.

I've tried uninstalling 1.1 then installing 1.2 but to no avail. I also removed all traces of the program from the registry and then tried it again... same problem... complete lock-up.

I see reference to a version 1.22 on this forum but I don't see it anywhere for download. Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

Simon

cyberhippy

re - Anyone got this working??
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2003, 01:46:51 am »
I'd like to get this thing working as well!!!

The demo version worked lovely, so I bought the full version, V1.1. It was OK, a few glitches here and there, so I downloaded the V1.2 update, OH MY GOD!!! NOTHING works now, not standalone, VSTi, or DXi.

Needless to say, I am a little bit pi**ed off with Arturia and MMV, as I possibly could have spent my money on much-needed hardware, or at least a soft-synth that wasn't still in the beta-testing stage...

Sorry to say this guys, but Arturia have lost a future customer  :evil:

xavier

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2003, 02:04:52 pm »
Hi ,

There has been some difficulties with the update 1.2 of the MMV and we first can do nothing but apologize for this.

A first update file called V1.2 was released on 11/24/2003. On this version, there were problems with old sound banks on all Mac and PC systems.

A second file, still named V1.2, was released on 11/28/2003. On this "corrected" version, there were still problems with AU (impossible to load an old project).
A third version of the update, called V1.2.2, has been released on 12/03.
This time, it seems to be a stable version.

You can check the version number in the Help > About menu (runnning MMV in stand-alone mode). On our website, we still refer to version 1.2

We try to do our best to satisfy the users of our products.
Sometimes they have to wait more than expected, sometimes they'll face new or unexpected behaviour of our programs, but in the end and most of the time, they will get what they want.

Anyway, unpolite reactions like those we can see on this forum and others make us really wonder if we shouldn't stop publishing FREE updates on our website........

Best regards
Xavier

simonclivehughes

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2003, 03:19:16 pm »
Xavier, mon ami, would you consider it rude to make it known to a company that the $300 piece of software they sold to you is unusable? On the contary, if you release software that is, in essence, not ready for public release, then you must also accept the reactions of those unfortunate enough to purchase and try to use it.

That said, I think many of us realize that complex software such as MMV is bound to have some problems in early versions, but of course we expect that you would provide updates. It is obvious that you are under a lot of pressure, but please don't start lashing out at the users, who have trusted you and supported you with their purchases.

If I might suggest, please label the updates with unique numbers on your website. It does no good to have version 1.22 appear as the earlier 1.20. How are we to know that it is indeed an update?

From your statement that 1.22 was available on Dec 4, I can tell you that I, for one, am still having the same problems. I have tried to completely remove MMV, including all registry keys, and reinstalling 1.22 but I still have the same behavior... complete lock-up of my computer (HP Pavilion P3 1GHz, 512 MB RAM, XP-Pro).

I can except having to wait while you diagnose this and find a proper fix, but perhaps you could post a status update to the forum here so we at least know what progress is being made. Having to troll through numerous posts to try to get answers is not effective communications with your customers.

If I can be of any help in this diagnostic process, let me know. I can only try things in the evenings, but I will be more that willing to lend a hand trying updates when they are ready.

A plus tard,

Simon

xavier

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2003, 08:20:55 am »
Hello Simon,

Could you give me more details on your configuration and problems ?
Is your computer lock in stand alone, VSTi, DXi ? Is the installer works fine ?
You can send me a mail directly at xavier.oudin@arturia.com or support@arturia.com

Best regards

Xavier

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines