March 28, 2024, 07:56:16 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: New user Jupiter 8 v and prophet 5 Arturia  (Read 12570 times)

gennargiu

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • My Site
New user Jupiter 8 v and prophet 5 Arturia
« on: July 19, 2008, 09:55:27 am »
Hi boys, I'am Gennaro from Naples Italy and are new user Arturia Synths ( Jupiter 8 v and prophet 5/vs) It's a fantastic synths for me !!!
Here yuo can listen and download free my electronic composition plays with Arturia Jupiter 8 v and prophet 5/vs of title " Stilt Houses"

http://www.icompositions.com/music/song.php?sid=92487

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6729126

Hi

Gennaro

:)

Imac 24 alu - osx 10.6.7 Fw solo - Oxigene 61 - Logic Ex 9.1.4 - Live Ableton 8- Microkorg - Micron - Various Virtual Synths - Arturia Jupiter 8v2 - Arturia Prophet vs 2

geronimo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: New user Jupiter 8 v and prophet 5 Arturia
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 11:11:53 pm »
   Hi _
In any case it appears well on my HP Apple G5 .
MacPro 2 X 2,66 Ghz Fireface 800 RME & LOGIC 9.1, D.P. 6.02 & Gibson ES 295 et Explorer Pro _ Viruc C & Alphatrack _
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-HVX0HLsEc

gennargiu

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • My Site
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 01:01:19 pm »
 Hi geronimo,thanks for your listen and comment ;)

Gennaro

Hi _
In any case it appears well on my HP Apple G5 .
Imac 24 alu - osx 10.6.7 Fw solo - Oxigene 61 - Logic Ex 9.1.4 - Live Ableton 8- Microkorg - Micron - Various Virtual Synths - Arturia Jupiter 8v2 - Arturia Prophet vs 2

Frank

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 02:01:08 pm »
Hi Gennaro,

Like your sound and I`m impressed with what you get out of those instruments.

Keep on:
Frank

Sweep

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 10:57:41 pm »
Thanks for sharing. That's interesting. It's good to hear what people are doing with these instruments.

gennargiu

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • My Site
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2008, 11:35:48 am »
Hi frank,thanks for your listen and comment, All my music is free download on creative commons licence for use not commercial. I like experiment on virtual synths and sequencers software for my hobby  ;)

Gennaro

Hi Gennaro,

Like your sound and I`m impressed with what you get out of those instruments.

Keep on:
Frank

gennargiu

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • My Site
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2008, 11:39:14 am »
hello sweep, thanks to you for I listen to and the comment. In these
days I will try to insert some other demonstrative video of these
fantastic instruments of the Arturia  :)

Gennaro

Thanks for sharing. That's interesting. It's good to hear what people are doing with these instruments.

79_Limited

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2009, 01:30:00 am »
Love it, love it.

How did you get everything to sync up so nicely to the drums?  I am new to the electronic world and this has been by biggest hurdle to overcome.

gcoudert

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2009, 08:01:06 pm »
Hi, I'm new to this forum and to Arturia products. Like Gennaro, I purchased Prophet V recently and got Jupiter 8V for free (my supplier, Dolphin Music, still had one of the buy-one-get-one-free packages so I got to download the full version from Arturia).

I love those synths too. Prophet V is much better than NI's Pro-52 and Pro-53, which I used to use and ended up re-selling on Ebay.

Gilles
Gilles Coudert
Laptop+Sonar LE
E-mu Emulator 4
Yamaha DX7 & TX7
Roland JV1080
Akai S1000 & S2800i
Arturia Prophet V & Jupiter 8V
NI FM7
Waldorf PPG Wave 2.V

Dooley

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2009, 06:52:24 am »
Cool tune!

So how are you liking the Jupiter 8V? I bought the CS-80V and chose the Prophet V as the free one since my PC couldn't really handle the Jupiter 8V demo. I was pleasantly surprised with the Prophet VS synth. Never knew wavetable synths were so cool.

Love the CS-80V. A lot of fun to play and program.

gcoudert

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2009, 10:51:17 am »
I was impressed with Prophet VS too, although I only like a couple of the presets. In many ways, it reminds me of my Korg DW8000 although the Prophet has a harsher sound. I started editing a few presets and came up with a few interesting and usable sounds. I like the Vector envelope in the Prophet, although it isn't as flexible as the Vector controls on the Korg Wavestation. Dooley, if you like Wavetable synths, try Waldorf's PPG 2.V. I got it along with Waldorf Attack and D-Pole for under £25 from Dolphin Music.

I tried the CS80V demo and whilst I like the sound, its depth of programmability is more than I can cope with, which is why I went for the JP8 emulation. It is superb; it can produce punchy and fat as well as glossy/glassy sounds. Dual mode is great for layering patches.

The only problem I see with the Arturia delay effect in both synths is that in Sync mode, you can't have a delay line echoing at say, 3/4 of the tempo (dotted quaver) à la David Gilmour, unless I missed something. It's either 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, etc. or multiples of the tempo setting. And the Prophet doesn't respond to MIDI sustain pedal information.

I will listen to your tune now, Gennaro.

Gilles
Gilles Coudert
Laptop+Sonar LE
E-mu Emulator 4
Yamaha DX7 & TX7
Roland JV1080
Akai S1000 & S2800i
Arturia Prophet V & Jupiter 8V
NI FM7
Waldorf PPG Wave 2.V

gennargiu

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • My Site
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2009, 07:22:39 pm »
Hi,all drums in plays are Ultrabeat ( electronic drums sequencer) instrument incluse in Logic express or studio 8  ;)

Gennaro

Love it, love it.

How did you get everything to sync up so nicely to the drums?  I am new to the electronic world and this has been by biggest hurdle to overcome.

gennargiu

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • My Site
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2009, 07:26:23 pm »
ello Gilles you have chosen two optimal ones synths, are sure that you will succeed to find good inspirations and electronic experimentations for your music  ;)

Gennaro

Hi, I'm new to this forum and to Arturia products. Like Gennaro, I purchased Prophet V recently and got Jupiter 8V for free (my supplier, Dolphin Music, still had one of the buy-one-get-one-free packages so I got to download the full version from Arturia).

I love those synths too. Prophet V is much better than NI's Pro-52 and Pro-53, which I used to use and ended up re-selling on Ebay.

Gilles

gennargiu

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • My Site
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2009, 08:16:11 pm »
Hi,Each synth Arturia has a strong and distinct personality.Anche emulator Yamaha cs of 80 is fantastic as sounds  ;)

Gennaro

Cool tune!

So how are you liking the Jupiter 8V? I bought the CS-80V and chose the Prophet V as the free one since my PC couldn't really handle the Jupiter 8V demo. I was pleasantly surprised with the Prophet VS synth. Never knew wavetable synths were so cool.

Love the CS-80V. A lot of fun to play and program.

gennargiu

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • My Site
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2009, 08:28:08 pm »
I also use Gilles korg synthesizers (I have a Microkorg hardware) and the sounds of the Korg Wavestation are very evocative
especially for a type of genre that I prefer, that is music ambient.About the fact that the Prophet v does not respond to information sent from your midi pedal I did not answer because the only thing I use midi is a midi interface that maudio 2x2 I need to connect the microKorg and Micron computer synthesizers to my Imac :)

Hi

Gennaro

I was impressed with Prophet VS too, although I only like a couple of the presets. In many ways, it reminds me of my Korg DW8000 although the Prophet has a harsher sound. I started editing a few presets and came up with a few interesting and usable sounds. I like the Vector envelope in the Prophet, although it isn't as flexible as the Vector controls on the Korg Wavestation. Dooley, if you like Wavetable synths, try Waldorf's PPG 2.V. I got it along with Waldorf Attack and D-Pole for under £25 from Dolphin Music.

I tried the CS80V demo and whilst I like the sound, its depth of programmability is more than I can cope with, which is why I went for the JP8 emulation. It is superb; it can produce punchy and fat as well as glossy/glassy sounds. Dual mode is great for layering patches.

The only problem I see with the Arturia delay effect in both synths is that in Sync mode, you can't have a delay line echoing at say, 3/4 of the tempo (dotted quaver) à la David Gilmour, unless I missed something. It's either 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, etc. or multiples of the tempo setting. And the Prophet doesn't respond to MIDI sustain pedal information.

I will listen to your tune now, Gennaro.

Gilles

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines