March 29, 2024, 11:38:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: AF Experience Midi Controller not Recongized under XP.  (Read 3512 times)

BigBallOfMud

AF Experience Midi Controller not Recongized under XP.
« on: May 24, 2008, 06:22:23 pm »
I just picked up an AFE in Manhattan yesterday. My XP laptop recognizes the keyboard as a USB Audio Device, but neither AF stand alone nor Abelton Live (nor anything else) see it as a MIDI input device. I've spent a good part of last night and today surfing around to see why this thing isn't recognized as a MIDI input device, and what drivers, if any, are needed to fix this.

All and all, this has been a thoroughly exasperating experince. I'm on the verge of taking this paperweight back to Sam Ash to get my $ back.

There is chatter on the web about dual core laptops and generic XP drivers, and MPU-401 emulations, but nothing (NOTHING!) I've tried has done anything to allow the software to see this thing.

BigBallOfMud

AF Experience Midi Controller not Recongized under XP.
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 08:47:16 pm »
Hey, that bit of registry (Removing an empty LowerFilter entry) surgery in the Tech Forum actually did the trick. Hats off to the said poster...

--BF, duly pleased...

crowellstudios

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: AF Experience Midi Controller not Recongized under XP.
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 12:34:45 am »
What did you do to get it work? I'm having the same problem in Windows XP. Software works in Acid, Controller is recognized by XP, but controller has no effect on the software keyboard.

meifert

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: AF Experience Midi Controller not Recongized under XP.
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 10:15:20 am »
Hi, where can I get the AF 2.2 upgrade + the magic registry key!!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines