March 28, 2024, 08:19:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: D Train - Prelude Records - Walking on Sunshne - Prophet 5  (Read 4152 times)

jimmyelectro

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hi All,

I was hoping somebody could help me. I’m trying to get the searing early 80’s synth lead sound heard on many Prelude tracks and other funk / disco tunes of the time. I guess D Trains “You’re The one For Me” is the best example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sczkl0rnEA

I own the Prophet V but have been unable to get this sound. Does anybody have a preset they could mail me? I’d be profoundly grateful. I always LOVED this sound J

Many thanks,

James.

alain67

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: D Train - Prelude Records - Walking on Sunshne - Prophet 5
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 04:57:24 pm »
hello yes , contrary to general belief it was not oberheim responsible for that 80s funk sound but the prophet 5 (especially rev2 where the arturia version seems a cross between rev 2 and 3), you CAN get the exact sounds with the emulation , first secret in getting them is that most are them are tuned to chorded 5ths( b tuned to a fifth interval), use saws on both oscs and add square osc to osc A, now the polymod comes into play to introduce the detune , raspy sound destination to osc and filter  with osc b modulating  these routings at +-50 percent and use detune(osc b)  between oscs at about 50 percent too , this should help you on the way to produce these typical sounds
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 01:10:54 pm by alain67 »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines