March 28, 2024, 09:09:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: London Launch  (Read 10671 times)

Pip

• http://www.thebabybuddahs.co.uk
London Launch
« on: May 01, 2008, 12:55:02 am »
Let's have a review if you can attend - I'm away.
Later
pip pip pip ... piiip piiip piiiip ... pip pip pip

cs80

London Launch
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 06:43:37 pm »
So, what happened at the launch????  Pictures? Sounds? Video?

slammah2012

London Launch
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 02:51:20 am »
Quote from: "cs80"

Hey....Nice CS80 hatch Lid....

Bernhard Crosby

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
London Launch
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 10:55:03 am »
Yes, I was there!

It was very good, about an hour long demo by Vincent from Arturia (nice to meet you Vincent).  As the guy from Arbiter that did the introduction said, it isn't cheap, but by the end of the demo we'd see why that is.

Simply, Origin is a dream.  Totally modular, and the sound quality is amazing.  There are a few things that I would like to see, but Vincent says that it will be in a software update soon.  

Seriously impressed.

Some press people were there with cameras, so I guess these will appear on Youtube and Arturia's site soon.

Pip

London Launch
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 01:02:35 am »
More - please, can anybody pre-review?
Later

slammah2012

London Launch
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 07:11:00 am »
Quote from: "cs80"

Was it released at the launch???

Bernhard Crosby

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
London Launch
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2008, 12:02:58 pm »
First or second of week of June, they said.

slammah2012

London Launch
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2008, 02:20:19 pm »
Quote from: "Bernhard Crosby"
First or second of week of June, they said.

I can allow to give them another year to complete it properly...
I won't touch it until it is CS80 successful...may the force of premptive sales keep the project afloat until that time comes....PolyAT...

The VRack is to set sail in October of 2008.

Vincent T

• http://www.arturia.com
London Launch
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2008, 03:20:26 pm »
Yes, I was there!

It was very good, about an hour long demo by Vincent from Arturia (nice to meet you Vincent). As the guy from Arbiter that did the introduction said, it isn't cheap, but by the end of the demo we'd see why that is.

Simply, Origin is a dream. Totally modular, and the sound quality is amazing. There are a few things that I would like to see, but Vincent says that it will be in a software update soon.

Seriously impressed.

Some press people were there with cameras, so I guess these will appear on Youtube and Arturia's site soon.

thanks a lot.. I'm not a show man at all, so I'm glad that the machine gave you a good impression  :)

I won't touch it until it is CS80 successful...may the force of premptive sales keep the project afloat until that time comes....PolyAT...

hmmm one year is a bit long..  :P
anyway, I had a thought for you, slammah, just before going to London I finished the implementation of the polyphonic aftertouch... :evil:
Vincent
DSP Arturia

slammah2012

London Launch
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2008, 08:04:58 pm »
Quote from: "Vincent T"
Yes, I was there!

It was very good, about an hour long demo by Vincent from Arturia (nice to meet you Vincent). As the guy from Arbiter that did the introduction said, it isn't cheap, but by the end of the demo we'd see why that is.

Simply, Origin is a dream. Totally modular, and the sound quality is amazing. There are a few things that I would like to see, but Vincent says that it will be in a software update soon.

Seriously impressed.

thanks a lot.. I'm not a show man at all, so I'm glad that the machine gave you a good impression  :)

hmmm one year is a bit long..  :P
anyway, I had a thought for you, slammah, just before going to London I finished the implementation of the polyphonic aftertouch... :evil:

That is great news....
It will certainly add to the CS80 modules capabilities, once they get implemented into the Origin....

Do you have an estimation as to when the CS80 will be represented???

From what I have read, the Templates for the CS80 wont be shipping with the first run.....but will be available as a free upgrade...

Pip

London Launch
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2008, 12:28:48 am »
I won't be tempted until all the templates are there - JP, et al - I have a voyager so the Mg template does nothing for me - I expect in 12/18 months it will be everything it should be - shame  :( , still back to my P08 - wonderfull :D
Later

Vincent T

London Launch
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2008, 09:13:09 am »
That is great news....
It will certainly add to the CS80 modules capabilities, once they get implemented into the Origin....

Do you have an estimation as to when the CS80 will be represented???

From what I have read, the Templates for the CS80 wont be shipping with the first run.....but will be available as a free upgrade...

THe CS80 modules are already implemented in the Origin..concerning the template, I don't know when the free upgrade will be available (let's finish the machine first, hu?)

I won't be tempted until all the templates are there - JP, et al - I have a voyager so the Mg template does nothing for me - I expect in 12/18 months it will be everything it should be - shame Sad , still back to my P08 - wonderfull Very Happy

I respect your point of view, but as a user of the Origin I think that it's a pity to reduce it to the templates, and in a certain way to buy it for the templates, because the real strength of the machine is for me its modular aspect, the fact that everything is possible ...
Vincent
DSP Arturia

Teuf

• http://www.audiokeys.eu/forum/index.php?
London Launch
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2008, 09:55:51 am »
I respect your point of view, but as a user of the Origin I think that it's a pity to reduce it to the templates

(...)the real strength of the machine is for me its modular aspect

The two ways are interesting.
ORIGIN is a true, new and powerfull modular
ORIGIN answers to a fantasy ... to allow we to "touch" legendary myths (like Creamware's ASB)
both at the same time with a huge flexibility

It is an enormous potential which can attract different targets :D

Without "vintage" templates what would be the interrest of  these "vintages" modules ?

Teuf

Vincent T

London Launch
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2008, 10:21:10 am »
Hi Teuf ! One day I'll answer your mails  :oops:

Without "vintage" templates what would be the interrest of these "vintages" modules ?

I don't really get you here.. lots of people told me that they always dreamt to mix for instance Mg oscillators with an arp of a jupiter filter...
And also the template doesn't allow you to have a patch with 8 oscillators or 4 filters in the same synthesis line..
Vincent
DSP Arturia

Teuf

• http://www.audiokeys.eu/forum/index.php?
London Launch
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2008, 11:40:42 am »
OK, of course, I like this concetp too and I understant its interrest :-)
but it would be a shame to forget these specific vintage templates anyway

Teuf

(Pour moi, justement, la grande force de l'ORIGIN c'est sa polyvalance.
Et j'ai du mal dailleur à comprendre que l'on puisse emetre quelquonques critiques que ce soit sur sa philosophie puissequ'elle est à même de repondre à n'importe quelle attente  :D
Et comme tu le soulignes donc egalement à repondre à ce reve de mariage inter-marques  :P
Mais même avec cette souplesse ce serait trop dommage d'occulter la possibilité de flirter avec la stricte architecture des modeles originaux.
Encore bravo à l'equipe pour avoir concretisé ce merveilleux concept  :wink:) :wink:

Tu souhaite repondre à mes mails ? c'est pas une blague ?  :mrgreen:
Bon on va imputer ce comtretemps à la charge et l'importance de votre precieux travail... ;-)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines