March 28, 2024, 02:50:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: What is this update (1.1) for?  (Read 4005 times)

SpecialK

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
What is this update (1.1) for?
« on: March 16, 2008, 03:30:16 pm »
My experiences:

- in "Live" the same presets without any effects sound different on the 1.1 update
- the distortion effect sounds totally different and dull now!
- there are still massive problems with hanging notes in cycle mode in "Live"

The result: I don't see any improvements from the beta? Does anyone have similar experiences? I read, that in Cubase there are  problems with the presets, too.... :?

SpecialK

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Comment by my self
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 09:09:44 pm »
I guess, that the J-8V will be usable soonest with the 1.6 update...like all the other synths from Arturia...I don't know if there is any learning curve at all by Arturia. Same problems with all the synths there have been...

thesnake383

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 05:18:11 am »
The VCOs need improvement. I'm trying to recreate a patch from a video of a real Jupiter 8 playing Bach (on youtube). It utilizes the square or pulse width modulation, but I'm not getting the same results. Also, on unison mode, sometimes the sound briefly cuts out.

SpecialK

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 12:31:56 pm »
Actually I've never played with an original J8, so I can't make any real statement about the VCOs. I've heard and saw a few examples on Youtube etc., and these are really another dimension in comparison with the J8V from Arturia. Actually I don't expect an 1:1 emulation, but I expect at least improvements in newer versions and this was certainly not the case with the 1.1 Version. The effects like distortion sounds ugly now, and the filter also didn't get better, but worse. I made many 1:1 comparisons in "Live" with the 1.03 Version an the 1.1 update. (I installed both, but I'm only using the 1.0.3 Version). Also the "pure" presets without effects are different. All I want is an proper working Version of the 1.0.3.

This makes me think about hardware again. Especially when you get a good (working) hardware synth (Blofeld)  for the price of two (more or less working) Arturia Synths meanwhile. Come on Arturia...

soundseller

• soundseller
grrrr...
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008, 08:10:36 pm »
Experiencing some major issues over here with Cubase 4.12 on WinXp.
Hanging notes,...
This synth is not usable for me :(

Please get this fixed

Cheers

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines