March 28, 2024, 08:54:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: usb dongle or not?  (Read 4734 times)

audiofeen

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
usb dongle or not?
« on: March 13, 2008, 02:32:02 pm »
i am new to this forum so hello to all you guy and girls

my question is regarding analog factory 2
i have just bought it and it should be here tomorrow but i am curious to know does it come with a usb dongle in the box and do you need it to use the application?

also if you don't need it can you get one after and set it up then as i use my imac in the home studio and my macbook pro for live performance  

I was told by the store that i bought it from that they come with one in the box but after reading a few topics on this forum i'm not so sure.

regards audiofeen
soundcloud.com/mikewolf
Macpro quad 2.8ghz 20gb ram krk vxt 8's krk 10s sub motu ultralite tc level pilot akai apc 40 Ni maschine launch pad lpd 8 keystation 61 Live 8 Logic 8 Ni komplete 7 arturia analog collection psp vintage warmer kushaudio ubk 1 and much more..

V-Tek

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
usb dongle or not?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 07:46:20 pm »
Hello Audiofeen, no the usb key doesn't come with AF 2 and yes you can buy one
however you might want to read this...

( Here is the easy guide to the Analog Factory 2.0 / Experience Syncrosoft authorizing system (also called Soft-eLicenser solution)

about transferring the license to a usb key you can find this info here...

http://www.arturia.com/evolution/kb/?View=entry&EntryID=99

Hope that helps mate.

audiofeen

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
usb dongle or not?
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 10:34:22 pm »
g'day v-tek

thanks for you help..

what i understood from that document is you don't need a dongle to use it
but it's locked to that machine and that machine only unless you use a dongle.

now when you want to transfer your license from the Soft-eLicenser
to the usb-eLicenser when ( if ) this update 5.4.0.0 is finally released
is it going to be as cut and dry as they say.

i don't have the problem of no internet on the machine i use witch i have seen some people do. can't understand why you can't authorize  from a second machine like most other music software.
anyway...

from one Aussie to another is it any good?

i might send it back lucky i haven't got it yet if it's going to be a hassle with the license change. maybe buy something that i can edit more
soundcloud.com/mikewolf
Macpro quad 2.8ghz 20gb ram krk vxt 8's krk 10s sub motu ultralite tc level pilot akai apc 40 Ni maschine launch pad lpd 8 keystation 61 Live 8 Logic 8 Ni komplete 7 arturia analog collection psp vintage warmer kushaudio ubk 1 and much more..

V-Tek

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
usb dongle or not?
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 08:55:00 am »
Ello mate. I couldn't agree with you more on the back arseward licensing scheme arturia have for AF, making your computer the dongle.

I really do hope it is as cut and dry as they claim, I received my AF 2 about two weeks ago have not installed it yet waiting for the 5.4.0.0 update.

As for is it any good... well I've been playing around with the lite version that came with my novation zero sl controller only 200 sounds come with it but so far I like it, however had I known I'd have to go thur all this rubbish I would have just stayed with this lite version  ::)

Arturia have some nice instruments but after this experience I don't think I'll be buying anything else, which is to bad because I like their stuff, but not enough to deal with this type of setup.

Anyway mate hope you get it all sorted out
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 02:31:05 am by V-Tek »

timotter9

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: usb dongle or not?
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 06:47:52 pm »
what i understood from that document is you don't need a dongle to use it
but it's locked to that machine and that machine only unless you use a dongle.

now when you want to transfer your license from the Soft-eLicenser
to the usb-eLicenser when ( if ) this update 5.4.0.0 is finally released
is it going to be as cut and dry as they say.

Yes, it's cut and dry.  You can get the update now from Syncrosoft.  Only bummer is having to buy the dongle separate from Arturia.  If I knew it was required, I would of bought together to maybe save on shipping

is it any good?

I think AF is amazing and a ton of fun.  I say this even after having a hard drive crash and having to wait sometime to get AF back because of this creepy protection crap.  I have imaged my disk, so I don't go through that again.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines