April 19, 2024, 12:09:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: polyphonic aftertouch  (Read 5473 times)

ianscott111

polyphonic aftertouch
« on: November 29, 2003, 04:02:35 am »
Hi,

I've been fooling around a bit with the demo of CS-80V and while I love the sound, I was wondering if it is possible to play it with polyphonic aftertouch in Logic Audio Platinum (5.51) for Windows?  I've got a Kawai K5000S that I'm using to play my VSTi's - I'm pretty sure that it has the ability to transmit polyphonic aftertouch.

Ian

mmetlay

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • http://www.recordingmag.com
Re: polyphonic aftertouch
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2003, 10:16:04 pm »
Quote from: "ianscott111"
Hi,

I've been fooling around a bit with the demo of CS-80V and while I love the sound, I was wondering if it is possible to play it with polyphonic aftertouch in Logic Audio Platinum (5.51) for Windows?  I've got a Kawai K5000S that I'm using to play my VSTi's - I'm pretty sure that it has the ability to transmit polyphonic aftertouch.

Ian

It doesn't. See the other CS-80V thread for a slowly-built-up listing of keyboards offering polyphonic aftertouch; I own a K5000S and I guarantee it has ordinary mono aftertouch.

If you can generate the data, CS-80V will follow it and Logic will record it, but your Kawai won't generate it.

mike
Mike Metlay
Associate Editor, RECORDING MAGAZINE
mike@recordingmag.com

slam

so close but yet so far
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2004, 08:29:00 am »
It is quite unfortunate that this software cant completely emulate the original
YAMAHA CS-80 I wished it could.. Polyphonic aftertouch was on the original,The poly after-touch is awesome when applied to the lfo rate...,,poly pitchbend was also obtainable with the ribbon when set in mode I on the bottom left control surface...also the monophonic keyslope of the brilliance and gain(lower far right could filter out and emphasise sustaining notes making complex rhythmic  types of effects ...Maybe the next version  could come closer.... Until then, Roadies may scream at me but that 220lb CS-80 still is the king ,even with only 6 presets(4memory+2 panel)

asheraa

BLAH BLAH.... IDIOTS
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2004, 06:44:07 am »
It seems you have not been using it correctly.
..."Polyphonic aftertouch was on the original," That is on the contrloller keyboard!!!!!!!!!!!!!   IF YOU HAVE A KEYBOARD WITH POLY/ KEY TOUCH CS_80V  WILL RESPOND to it like the original hardware. Same applies to other comments you made.

IT IS QUITE UNFORTUNATE that people go and slam this unique software without really reading manuals and trying it out with correct controllers....

Idiots.....

Happy NEW YEAR !

Colin

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
poly after touch
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2004, 05:17:19 pm »
any ideas on god controllers with poly after touch, nothing to expensive as i am not a rich man, hope they are not all expensive!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines