April 20, 2024, 07:17:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: New User: Can i press multiple keys/notes with my mouse?  (Read 2941 times)

tailor

New User: Can i press multiple keys/notes with my mouse?
« on: January 23, 2008, 09:15:58 am »
Hi there

I am completely new to this software and actually the synthesizer world, but I am absolutely fascinated. I want to purchase this software but just had a few questions to ask beforehand.

Firstly, I am using the demo and I can only hit one note at a time using my mouse. Is there a way of holding/ overlapping a few keys at a time using a mouse or do i need to buy a midi keyboard to do this? If I do need a midi keyboard, can anyone suggest a good reasonably priced one that would work with my Intel Macbook Pro?

Many thanks for your help

Tailor

Antoine

New User: Can i press multiple keys/notes with my mouse?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 01:09:16 pm »
Hi Tailor,

Welcome on these forums!

In order to decently play with any software synthesizer you obviously need a MIDI keyboard; there are plenty of models anywhere, I cannot give you a preferred model as I don't know your needs & budget. CME, Edirol, Novation, M-Audio, Korg... and many more manufacturers now have complete range of cute keyboards.

Just think to get one with many knobs, encoders and sliders, as the CS-80V and other vintage analog synths usually require many parameters to control, and it's far easier to do with knobs than with a mouse/keyboard (well, strictly from my point of view though, automation-addicts may purposely contradict).
ex-Arturian

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines