March 28, 2024, 12:20:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Cakewalk Sonar 7.02 - AF 2.0 INSTALL SOLUTION  (Read 2027 times)

plasmaflow

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Cakewalk Sonar 7.02 - AF 2.0 INSTALL SOLUTION
« on: January 21, 2008, 12:56:54 am »
For those Sonar 7.0.2 users upgrading from AF-1.0 to AF-2.0 I have discovered the solution that eluded me during the upgrade installation. I reviewed every detail of every screen and found that AF 2.0 was installed in another VSTplugin folder OUTSIDE of the Cakewalk Sonar VST instrument folder. When starting Sonar - the application could NOT see the AF-2.0 .dll file to properly initialize the AF-2.0 plugin. I assume this could happen to anyone that has more than one VST folder on the main "C" drive. Therefore - ON INSTALLATION BE VERY CAREFUL TO DIRECT THE 2.0 UPGRADE TO INSTALL IN THE VST FOLDER WITHIN YOUR PARTICULAR DAW SOFTWARE. By the way - when I originally installed AF-1.0 it installed into the correct VST folder under Cakewalk so there was no reason to believe the 2.0 upgrade would install into a different VST folder OUTSIDE of Cakewalk Sonar. I still appreciate all the information gleaned by Martin Hines (see his post regarding the confusion associated with upgrade from the AF-1.0 dongle-dependent program to the AF-2.0 NON-dongle dependent show). I hope this helps Cakewalk users that try to complete the upgrade.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines