March 29, 2024, 09:26:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Information for AF 1.x Owners Updating to AF 2.0  (Read 3168 times)

Martin Hines

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Information for AF 1.x Owners Updating to AF 2.0
« on: January 16, 2008, 08:49:10 pm »
Through two communications with Arturia, I think I finally understand how the update is supposed to work.  I thought this information would be helpful to other AF 1.x customers.

LICENSE
Analog Factory 1.x owners can use their AF 1.x licenses forever -- you DO NOT need an AF 2.0 license.  The AF 2.0 license is ONLY for NEW buyers, not people who update from AF 1.x.

DONGLE
Since AF 1.x owners have their AF 1.x licenses on the Syncrosoft dongle, there is nothing they must do.  You can keep the AF 1.x license on the dongle forever and it will still work with AF v2.0.

New AF 2.0 owners (people who buy the AF 2.0 retail product) will use the Syncrosoft "soft eLicenser" instead of the Syncrosoft USB eLicenser (the dongle).

HOW TO UPDATE FROM AF 1.x to AF 2.0
1.  To update from AF 1.x to AF 2.0, you ONLY need to download and run the AF 2.0 Update (available in the "Updates" section):
http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/downloads/updates.html

The AF 2.0 update installer installs two items:
-- The AF 2.0 software
-- Syncrosoft "soft eLicenser"

The "soft eLicenser" will be confusing to 1.x customers, since you do not need it.  The "soft eLicenser" and its associated AF 2.0 Activation Code, are for FIRST TIME v2.0 buyers.  If you are an AF 1.x to AF 2.0 updater, the Syncrosoft License Control Center (LCC) application WILL look strange, since you will see the following entry after you complete the AF 2.0 installation:
-- "SeL Nr. nnnnnn"
------- "?  No licenses found"

For a person who updates from AF 1.x to AF 2.0, the above IS NORMAL and EXPECTED.

2.  You should also download and install the most current version of the Syncrosoft License Control Center (LCC) application.  As of this posting (January 16th, 2008), the most current version is LCC v5.2.24.0:
http://www.syncrosoft.com/Download-78-11.html

Antoine

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 11:38:18 am »
That's it Martin!
Thanx for this clear sum-up!  8)
ex-Arturian

chris_busch

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 09:53:08 pm »
thanks for the info.   the annoying part for me is that everytime i start analog factory these warnings pop up. but I bought AF 1 and updated to version 2 as you explained, but the warnings are still here.

please help

chris

plasmaflow

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 12:49:02 pm »
Thank you Martin for posting your information. It is amazing to me that a registered customer had to do the research for the information rather than the company. However, despite your excellent instructions Cakewalk Sonar Producer 7.0.2 will not recognize AF 2.0 as a VST instrument and continues to just open AF 1.0. AF 2.0 doesn't even show up when I run Cakewalk's plug-in manager. Do you have any ideas as Arturia obviously does not monitor these forums on a routine basis? I have had endless frustration with Arturia regarding AF but bought the original Mg Modular which is great. I am sure the products work with some systems some of the time and they sound great. I will probably never buy any other products from this company due to their complete lack of support for their US customer base. In reality they are probably drinking champagne from California at NAMM...............better quality-better price.

Antoine

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 04:38:27 pm »
Quote from: "plasmaflow"
However, despite your excellent instructions Cakewalk Sonar Producer 7.0.2 will not recognize AF 2.0 as a VST instrument and continues to just open AF 1.0. AF 2.0 doesn't even show up when I run Cakewalk's plug-in manager.

Seems that AF 2.0 was not properly installed. I would suggest a clean deinstall/reinstall process. Please send your case through the REQUEST FOR TECHNICAL SUPPORT form at http://www.arturia.com/evolution/kb/?View=entry&EntryID=85 and I will guide you through this process.

Do you have any ideas as Arturia obviously does not monitor these forums on a routine basis?

I personally follow these forums everyday, and my beloved colleagues Vincent and Nicolas often do, but we don't reply to each post (far from it) as these forums are mostly user-oriented.

I will probably never buy any other products from this company due to their complete lack of support for their US customer base. In reality they are probably drinking champagne from California at NAMM...............better quality-better price.

Be advised we absolutely make no discrimination towards our users, and the US based ones are no more / no less helped than others. In fact, when asking for support through the correct form, there is no indication of your country, nor gender, nor ethnos, nor politics/religious/sexual inclinations... nothing but hardware/software equipment for faster bug resolution.

And concerning the better quality of California's champagne, I demand a "blind-taste"!!! Sure it's cheaper, but is it better? Not so sure...  8)
ex-Arturian

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines