March 28, 2024, 02:50:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: time signatures...  (Read 7321 times)

Snuggs

time signatures...
« on: November 23, 2003, 12:02:52 am »
I know that, being a more "techno/hip-hop" oriented program, this may be a silly question, but I am just wondering if there is any way to change the time signature?  I'd like to do some work in a 3/4 or 6/4 setting, but I don't think Storm will let me.  Also, how can you switch on/off the swing-time?  I know using one of the wizards (I forget which one), you get a swing-time feel, and I'm just curious as to whether using the wizard is the only way to access this feature or not?  Thanks for any help!

Snuggs

Simmy

Time Signatures
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2003, 09:34:58 pm »
I'm with you snuggs, I was just about to ask the same question.  I would like to try some stuff in 7/8th's timing.  Can someone please help on this Q?  Thank You. :roll:

me

time signatures...
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2003, 06:26:12 am »
1. In the sequencer, click on the bar, or drag across several bars, to highlight the portion you want to change.

2. Right click in that area. In the box that appears, choose Set > Bar Length.

3. For 7/8 timing, change the bar length from 16 to 14.

4. Click close, and Bob's your uncle. The instrument patterns stay with 16 steps, but the sequencer chops off their ends according to your settings.

Snuggs

thanks
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2003, 07:59:13 am »
awesome!  thanks a lot, umm... me?

:P

me

time signatures...
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2003, 02:04:53 am »
You're quite welcome. I'm not really "me," by the way. I had an official Arturia name, but my eventual disgust with Storm 2's non-support led me to lose track of it. In over two years, not one maintenance upgrade, not a single new instrument or effect module. Somewhere on this forum is an announcement of a major Storm upgrade, so I check back every now and then. It would be very nice if they took their flagship product seriously again.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines