March 28, 2024, 12:43:28 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: still no sustain pedal  (Read 3944 times)

scoplunk

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
still no sustain pedal
« on: January 10, 2008, 10:02:31 am »
Is there a trick to getting the sustain pedal to work with the prophet? I've never gotten it to work yet, even with beta 3. Neither the standalone nor the plug-in version works. This is driving me crazy. I mean, I had a sustain pedal with my real prophet, why doesn't one work with the VI? I keep thinking I'm missing something simple. I even tried to assign the sus pedal to the hold button, but that doesn't work either. Is this working for everyone but me?

Antoine

still no sustain pedal
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 11:09:29 am »
Control+Clic on the "Hold" button, near the Volume pot, should grant you using your favorite sustain pedal.
Page 54 of your beloved User's Manual is your friend.
ex-Arturian

scoplunk

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
still no sustain pedal
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 03:14:10 am »
Hi Antoine,
Thanks for the reply. You're on a PC, right? I'm on a mac, so for me, I hold down the Command key to assign a midi controller to the hold function. If this is what you mean, then I already mentioned in my initial post that I tried this, but it behaves oddly. When the dialog opens and I press the Learn button, it will accept things like the mod wheel, foot pedal - any continuous controllers. But, pressing the sustain pedal has no effect. The dialog says it's Learning... and won't accept controller 64. Likewise, manually assigning a continuous controller works fine, but the prophet ignores the sustain pedal even after I've manually assigned it. I've got a midi monitor set up up and the pedal is working fine. Plus, the pedal works with everything else, including your other products. I just launched the JP-8 and the sustain pedal works without any trouble. Is there some reason why the prophet would ignore switch type midi controllers?

JWaltman

still no sustain pedal
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 06:25:33 pm »
Quote from: "Antoine"
Control+Clic on the "Hold" button, near the Volume pot, should grant you using your favorite sustain pedal.
Page 54 of your beloved User's Manual is your friend.

that's not really a feature, it's a bug it doesn't react to sustain. It shouldn't be needed to do something like that..

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines