April 19, 2024, 01:47:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Happy New updates in 2008!!!!!!!!  (Read 6003 times)

FBM

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Happy New updates in 2008!!!!!!!!
« on: December 29, 2007, 02:51:34 pm »
Hope there is something happening in 2008, because I still have the
V collection here not working proper. Yesterday tried to work with the
Jupiter and the MgModular, but had to go back to my VirusC and Creameware Minimax, because of all the bugs. Like the picture of the
Modular is gone from one second to the other and you can't save what you
made. And the Jupiter not poss. to work with and sounds like shit to me!
 :(  :(  Greatings David

Moogedy Moog

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 04:15:20 am »
Arturia should have chosen to develop, debug and polish up just one application, that would haven given them the time to come up with a quality product.

Vincent T

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 10:43:24 am »
Hi,
An update of the Jupiter should be released by the end of the month...(we are currently working on it)
Vincent
DSP Arturia

Antoine

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 01:08:18 pm »
Quote from: "Mgedy Mg"
Arturia should have chosen to develop, debug and polish up just one application, that would haven given them the time to come up with a quality product.

Not sure it would have been enough to handle a whole (even if little) company and feed its engineers and developers...
We don't only eat DSP/C++ code and drink black coffee!  :)
ex-Arturian

Sweep

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 11:58:58 pm »
I've been trying to say something like that on here for ages, Antoine.

The problems seem to be mostly compatibility issues with other software not made and sold by Arturia. I bought Native Instruments FM8 a little while ago and it's the same on their forums. I'm sure if it was possible to go for universal compatibility with every possible third-party software package from the start, you would have done.

Admittedly I'm playing these synths from one of those quaint black and white keyboard thingys instead of getting a computer to play all the notes for me, which simplifies things a bit. But I'm certainly not alone in finding my Arturia synths very playable and very useful.

Many thanks for the updates that Arturia's people are working on. I hope you can sort things out for the people who are having problems. In the meantime all of you are very much appreciated by those of us who are making good use of your synths. I think that's worth saying because it's always the case that there's more negative feedback than positive, and it's worth passing on some positive feedback from time to time.

They may not be perfect (what is?), but these are bloody good synths.

FBM

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
You know
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2008, 10:40:00 am »
You know it's not good for you to use to much XTC and Prosac!!!!!
Greatings David :D
Positive=Good communication and Fast Bugsfixes!
Negative=No communication no Bugsfixes!
Even more negative are the people who alway's see critics as negative!
With out *them nothing will change in a positive direction and the world
would be a boring place. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
*CRITICS

Moogedy Moog

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2008, 02:19:22 am »
Quote from: "Antoine"
Quote from: "Mgedy Mg"

Not sure it would have been enough to handle a whole (even if little) company and feed its engineers and developers...
We don't only eat DSP/C++ code and drink black coffee!  :)

Jack of all trades, master of none :wink:

Whatever you do, please don't forget the MMV. Assign more developers to the project, release regular test builds, etc, just don't let it die and everyone will be happy 8)

Gramarye

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2008, 01:10:51 pm »
Negative remarks in forums (regardless of the developer) is generally an outlet of frustration.  If a program doesn't work correctly, the fault is automatically assumed to be the developer.  A little at-home attempt at problem isolation usually results in solution or at least understanding.  

It would be ideal if a soft-synth would work right out of the box with any operating system on any computer through any DAW and sound processor and be operated by any MIDI or USB controller.  

Unfortunately, universal compatability isn't even possible within mankind so why should it be expected in anything man creates?  The devleopers do the best that they can, realising the purpose of the company (to make money) and dealing with time-lines (to keep the money coming in).  

There have been VAST improvements in soft-synths over the past few years, a lot of that being due to negative comments in forums and developers paying attention to that feedback.  Granted there is a degree of senseless whining by those who won't seek to resolve their own issues, but even those complaints result in more user-friendly (dummy-safe) software.  

The bottom line is: If the software is working correctly, no one complains about it.  They're too busy creating music.  Those that offer remarks, both positive AND negative, contribute to better software and, hopefully better music which is the goal we should ALL be aspiring to.

Peace,

Dave

Moogedy Moog

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2008, 08:50:58 am »
The problem has nothing to do with being able to get cool music out of MMV or not, as it's clearly fully functional and even efficient for the most part, the problem here is MMV not behaving (hence not sounding) exactly like the MM we're accustomed to.

Many people who have shown interest in MMV are simply looking for an alternative to the rare and very expensive real thing, the real Modular Mg, not just some random analog synth.

Arturia offers the best MM replacement in the market and there's not one bit of a doubt about it, you guys are awesome, but the lack of updates really account for this perception of software "abandonment" that so pisses the hell out of the real Mg purists who continue demanding perfection :wink:

Please don't take it the wrong way, I'm just pointing out it would be nice if we could see MMV evolve into a state-of-the-art product.

BTW, fullscreen mode, a maximize button and a mousewheel scrolling function wouldn't kill anyone :mrgreen:

poropat

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2008, 11:02:37 am »
CS80 purists feel the same frustration....
VCollection 8

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines