April 16, 2024, 09:46:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Confused re: Analog Factory 2 soft eLicenser  (Read 5426 times)

Martin Hines

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Confused re: Analog Factory 2 soft eLicenser
« on: December 06, 2007, 09:09:59 pm »
Hi.  Is there any way to use Analog Factory v2 with the Syncrosoft USB eLicenser?

I have a number of products that use the Syncrosoft USB dongle, and I like having my licenses portable, since it allows me to use my licensed products at home and away from home (on my laptop).

If I understand correctly Arturia has switched from a USB-eLicenser to the "soft" eLicenser for AF 2.0.

Is it possible to keep my AF 2.0 license on my USB key WITHOUT having to use the Soft elicenser?

According to the Syncrosoft website (under "Compatible Solutions") they state:

The Syncrosoft Soft-eLicenser is fully compatible with the Syncrosoft USB-eLicenser. Once the eLicenser implementation is done, Software vendors can specify whether their protected software exclusively requires a Syncrosoft USB-eLicenser, or runs with both Syncrosoft eLicenser types. Licenses, either securely stored on the USB-eLicenser or linked to the computer system where the Soft-eLicenser is installed, can be securely transferred between the two eLicenser types.

http://www.syncrosoft.com/Syncrosoft_eLicenser_-78-30.html

The above IMPLIES that Arturia COULD allow users to use EITHER METHOD (i.e. either USB-eLicense OR Soft-eLicense).

It would be great if Arturia could allow BOTH methods, which would allow existing Analog Factory 1.2 owners to keep our AF 2.0 license on the USB key.

Thank you.
Martin Hines

Martin Hines

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 12:17:52 am »
*** UPDATE **

With much trouble I was able to install and launch the AF v2.0 update.  

Here is a modified screen print of my Syncrosoft License Control Center (LCC) on Win XP post AF v2.0 installation  (LCC is most current version):
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/6830/maskedlccpostv20installge4.jpg

In the above you can see:
-- the Syncrosoft Soft e-Licenser (SeL) that is automatically created by the AF v2.0 installer.  Note "No Licenses found"
-- my Syncrosoft USB e-Licenser (USB) that contains my existing Syncrosoft licenses including my Analog Factory v1.0 license

QUESTIONS:
1.  Is my setup supposed to be this way? (since Arturia did not publish any v2.0 installation instructions)
2.  I would PREFER to keep my AF license on my USB dongle so it is portable.  Will my installation work like this indefinitely, especially given the posted statement below about "... feature available December 2007 only"?
http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/products/analogfactory/syncrosoft-soft-elicenser.html
3.  Is there any way to REMOVE the Syncrosoft Soft e-Licenser?

I am trying to make sure my update was performed correctly, and make sure I can keep my AF license on a USB dongle (as opposed to the Soft eLicenser)

Gramarye

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 06:23:36 am »
Greets, Martin !!
Long time.....
I'm anxious to read the response to your question as I've the same thoughts about keeping my licenses CONSISTANT.  It's gonna get confusing if I have to use particular computers for particular programs.  All the copy-protection schemes are distracting enough (especially to a '60's child such as myself) without mucking up things further.  I'm already dealing with Syncrosoft, Pace, M-Audio equipment (for Pro-Tools) and a compatible interface for Giga. CHEEZE !!  What next?  Now I've got to decide how to protect AF by a coin-toss of the two possible schemes?  I missed the "December only" thing.  I'm gonna have to try to figure THAT out as well.

Way too much drama for me.  Kudos to Arturia for their OUTSTANDING offering of the free upgrade but I'm beginning to wonder of the "price" of the upgrade (re-modified copy-protection) is going to be worthy.  And what can we expect then with the release of the hardware?

Until you get a response I'll keep playing with the beta.  Thanks for the initiative of asking the questions......and Happy Holidays !!

Peace,

Dave

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines