March 28, 2024, 02:24:48 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Sounds funny - AF Reloaded vs. 2.0  (Read 2885 times)

Fuseball

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Sounds funny - AF Reloaded vs. 2.0
« on: December 04, 2007, 08:02:19 pm »
Been using AF Reloaded for almost a year now.  Mainly CS-80 sounds.  Just tried AF 2.0 and sounds such as 'Mister Joe' sound very different to what I'm used to hearing.  Has there been some huge overhaul of the actual sound generation / processing in AF?

The markedly different sound coupled with the locking of the license to a single computer (nice to free-up a USB port but importantly stops me from using AF on my iMac for composition and Macbook for live work) means that I'll be sticking to AF Reloaded for the time being.

It's a shame, as I was looking forward to playing with the Jupiter-8 sounds.  I'm sure that the change in the license rules will catch out a lot of home musicians, who use both a desktop at home and a laptop for gigging.  At least packages such as Live allow you to install them twice for exactly this purpose.

cjcaufield

Sounds funny - AF Reloaded vs. 2.0
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 01:42:23 am »
Wow!  Is it really true that you can't install Analog Factory on more than one computer?  Isn't that one of the main purposes of a dongle --to allow people to move between computers while guaranteeing that only one copy of the software is ever running?  I used to do that all the time with Logic before they dropped the dongle requirement.  This limitation seriously reduces the amount I'd be willing to pay for this product.  What a shame.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines