March 29, 2024, 06:36:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Dongle Fiasco  (Read 5529 times)

m@l0cch10

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Dongle Fiasco
« on: August 26, 2007, 06:43:02 pm »
Did you know that if you transfer your Brass license to another Syncrosoft key, you won't be able to get the software up and running on a new computer?  Arturia doesn't document that very well, but I finally figured out what happended when I found this one reference on the Syncrosoft page:

If the customer already has a Syncrosoft key for other products, and if he wants to get all his Licenses on the same key, he can do it thanks to the Syncrosoft License Center. This would be the case for someone who wants to use Cubase, PROPHET V and Miroslaw in the same time but only has one USB port available. If he transfers his PROPHET V license from the Syncrosoft key we provide to another Syncrosoft key, this customer will no longer be able to use our key to get PROPHET V working any more.

If you have already transferred your key the software will work on that computer ONLY!
m@l0cch10

Vincent T

• http://www.arturia.com
Dongle Fiasco
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 10:32:33 am »
please m@l0cch10, please stop flooding and send me a mail with the details of your problem. I'm trying to figure out how to solve it.

And notice that we didn't develop the synchrosoft protection. maybe you should write them a mail.
Vincent
DSP Arturia

m@l0cch10

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Dongle Fiasco
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 05:29:55 am »
Vincent, the syncrosoft web site directs me to contact you.  Their customers are companies like Arturia, that buy their products.  Not the end users.

Also, are you saying Arturia does not stand behind its system, which uses Syncrosoft?  Do I have a choice of buying these products without Syncrosoft?

I don't believe you meant to write that.  You seem like a considerate and intelligent guy.  You probably just weren't happy to see my postings.

Solve this problem for your users and the postings will go away.  I am also willing to believe it is possible that there is some other, more easily solved problem that is preventing me from authorizing my software on another computer.  But I need you, or technical support to tell me what it is.  Not syncrosoft.  I don't believe they will be able to do anything wityhout you authorizing them to make the licenses fully transferrable (without losing authorizing provileges, or course).
m@l0cch10

jgnunez

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Dongle Fiasco
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 09:07:05 pm »
I too am having problems with this DONGLE thing.

I tried installing my BRASS (wich I though it was a great software to find out it's having a lot of problems) on a Windows 7 computer. The Brass software (and even the Syncrosoft software as well) seem to have been installed conrectly without any issue.

However, once I tried to start Brass I could not do it beacuse the driver in the USB key is not a signed driver and windows would not installed. Then I tried on another computer with Windows Vista and I could not open it either.

Arturia has not have the curtesy of getting back to me with a solution or even an answer.

BADDDDD customer service. I can not wait for days... I need my software to work NOW.

Antoine

Re: Dongle Fiasco
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 10:11:29 am »
@jgnunez
I just replied you, whose case was posted yesterday, I think I am pretty within the normal lead time (24 to 48 hours), no?
A simple LCC update shall solve it all, as usual.
ex-Arturian

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines