March 28, 2024, 04:01:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Prophet Syncrosoft RIP-OFF!  (Read 8865 times)

m@l0cch10

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Prophet Syncrosoft RIP-OFF!
« on: August 26, 2007, 04:31:05 am »
ThI can't express my outrage at this product.  Buried in the literature is an important fact that I missed - You cannot transfer the Prophet license to another Syncrosoft key!  That will disable the software forever!  This is a total rip-off.  I won't buy any more Arturia products.  I maybe used this shoddy software five times before it stopped working for other reasons having to do with Syncrosoft (the License Center would only see the Prophet license about half the time), so I moved it to another key.  Apparenly that means this software is disabled forever.

Arturia products are not for professionals.  This is Mom and Pop stuff.  You will soon see my postings at Amazon and every other site I can think of if they don't solve this problem for me FAST!

I may have seen the notice when I installed the software initially, but who is going to remember that one idiotic restriction 3 months later?
m@l0cch10

DBS

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Dynamik Bass System
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 02:38:06 pm »
Hmmm ... I transfered my Jupiter8 and Prophet license to another key ...
Everything is running fine here.
iMac (Late 2013) 3,5 GHz Intel Core i7
OS X 10.11.x
NI Maschine 2.4.x
Logic Pro X 10.2.0
UA Apollo Twin
MOTU 828 Mk3 Hybrid
MOTU 828 Mk2

m@l0cch10

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 06:34:26 pm »
It will work until you need to authorize it on another computer.  I moved them and all three products no longer work.  Digging deeper into the site I found the following:

If the customer already has a Syncrosoft key for other products, and if he wants to get all his Licenses on the same key, he can do it thanks to the Syncrosoft License Center. This would be the case for someone who wants to use Cubase, PROPHET V and Miroslaw in the same time but only has one USB port available. If he transfers his PROPHET V license from the Syncrosoft key we provide to another Syncrosoft key, this customer will no longer be able to use our key to get PROPHET V working any more.

I hope you like you computer, because if you get another one and you want to move your software to it, you need to buy new software.
m@l0cch10

Vincent T

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 10:32:15 am »
please m@l0cch10, please stop flooding and send me a mail with the details of your problem. I'm trying to figure out how to solve it.

Arturia products are not for professionals. This is Mom and Pop stuff. You will soon see my postings at Amazon and every other site I can think of if they don't solve this problem for me FAST!

And notice that we didn't develop the synchrosoft protection. maybe you should write them a mail.
Vincent
DSP Arturia

DBS

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Dynamik Bass System
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 07:16:58 pm »
Quote from: "m@l0cch10"
It will work until you need to authorize it on another computer.  I moved them and all three products no longer work.  Digging deeper into the site I found the following:

If the customer already has a Syncrosoft key for other products, and if he wants to get all his Licenses on the same key, he can do it thanks to the Syncrosoft License Center. This would be the case for someone who wants to use Cubase, PROPHET V and Miroslaw in the same time but only has one USB port available. If he transfers his PROPHET V license from the Syncrosoft key we provide to another Syncrosoft key, this customer will no longer be able to use our key to get PROPHET V working any more.

I hope you like you computer, because if you get another one and you want to move your software to it, you need to buy new software.

I have installed the software on 2 computers. No problems so far ...
OS X 10.11.x
NI Maschine 2.4.x
Logic Pro X 10.2.0
UA Apollo Twin
MOTU 828 Mk3 Hybrid
MOTU 828 Mk2

m@l0cch10

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2007, 04:32:19 am »
Okay, I need to know for sure what you did.  You can install the softwarfe on two computers if you haven't transferred the license to a second syncrosoft key.  I agree that you can do that.

The relevant question is: did you install on a second computer AFTER you ttransferred the license to a second syncrosoft key?  If you did that, I am wrong.  But I don't believe you did.

Look at the information at http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/support/syncrosoft.html.

Their information states:

Look carefully at the last sentence in this paragraph.  It says that if you transfer the license, you can no longer authorize new computers.

Prior to transferring the license, you can authorize as many computers as you wish.  You will only be able to use one at a time, because you will still need the dongle.

Transferring the license does not mean that your currently authorized computer will stop working.

The only implication of this is that after you transfer the license, you will no longer be able to use your software on any computer you haven't already authorized.

It may seem likme a small thing, but ask yourself, are the two computers you have this software on the last computers you will ever want to use this copy of the software on.  Not me.  I want to use it on any new computer I get.  But now I cannot.[/b]
m@l0cch10

DBS

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Dynamik Bass System
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2007, 06:50:03 am »
I have installed the software (brand-new) on the second computer after license transfer.
OS X 10.11.x
NI Maschine 2.4.x
Logic Pro X 10.2.0
UA Apollo Twin
MOTU 828 Mk3 Hybrid
MOTU 828 Mk2

m@l0cch10

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2007, 06:24:53 pm »
I( don't believe that is true, because you cannot do so.  We've tested it thoroughly.

The Arturia site says you cannot at http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/support/syncrosoft.html

Quote:
If the customer already has a Syncrosoft key for other products, and if he wants to get all his Licenses on the same key, he can do it thanks to the Syncrosoft License Center. This would be the case for someone who wants to use Cubase, PROPHET V and Miroslaw in the same time but only has one USB port available. ****If he transfers his PROPHET V license from the Syncrosoft key we provide to another Syncrosoft key, this customer will no longer be able to use our key to get PROPHET V working any more.  ****

Look at the highlighted sentence.  If it is not the case, WHY DO THEY SAY THAT?!

I think it is less likely that you installed on a second computer with a transferred license and more likely that you are an Arturia employee.
m@l0cch10

DBS

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Dynamik Bass System
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2007, 07:48:03 pm »
I( don't believe that is true, because you cannot do so. We've tested it thoroughly.

grrr :?  I'm not a liar ...
I installed the software on my girlfriends computer only for testing ...

****If he transfers his PROPHET V license from the Syncrosoft key we provide to another Syncrosoft key, this customer will no longer be able to use our key to get PROPHET V working any more. ****

So ...  english is not my first language ... but from what I understand is very simple. After transfer you have all your licenses on your second key. The first one (the key they provide) is empty.

I think it is less likely that you installed on a second computer with a transferred license and more likely that you are an Arturia employee.

Once again ... I'm not a liar.
But I hope you are not a troll who wants only to spam ...

From what I see is that you have troubles with your Syncrosoft key.
Contact  Arturia and/or Syncrosoft support.

Cheers!
OS X 10.11.x
NI Maschine 2.4.x
Logic Pro X 10.2.0
UA Apollo Twin
MOTU 828 Mk3 Hybrid
MOTU 828 Mk2

m@l0cch10

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2007, 08:46:29 pm »
That's a reasonable interpretation and more than possible, since the writer is not a native english speaker either.  If the writer meant what they wrote, I would be correct in my interprestation, but it is possible they didn't.  I actually hope that I am wrong, but the behaviors I am seeing look exactly like what that paragraph predicts.

Syncrosoft will not deal with end users as their customers.  Arturia is their customer.  I am an Arturia customer.  I should not be asked to go to Syncrosoft when I haven't purchased anything from them.

I'm not a spammer.  I've never put anything up in a forum before.  I am a frustrated Prophet V user, for the amount of time that I waited for updates to the highly flawed initial release.

I am also super-tired of being taken advantage of by music software and equipment companies.  What dongle can I employ to keep them from ripping me off?!  It seems like the chances of getting ripped off by a music software/hardware company are ten times higher then the company being ripped off by their customers.

I don't think you are a liar, but I did wonder whether or not we weren't communicating effectively.  Being that you are not a liar, though, can you confirm that you are not an Arturia employee?  I am guessing that you are not, and I will take your response on faith.
m@l0cch10

Vincent T

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2007, 09:16:43 am »
Being that you are not a liar, though, can you confirm that you are not an Arturia employee? I am guessing that you are not, and I will take your response on faith.

I confirm, DBS is not one of our employee ; and he posted from Germany.
Anyway as you said finally, he's right because you reckoned that synhcrosoft licenses were fully transferable. Maybe we could stop the debate here.
Vincent
DSP Arturia

DBS

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Dynamik Bass System
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2007, 04:20:59 pm »
All's well that ends well.  :wink:
OS X 10.11.x
NI Maschine 2.4.x
Logic Pro X 10.2.0
UA Apollo Twin
MOTU 828 Mk3 Hybrid
MOTU 828 Mk2

KennethA

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2007, 10:24:11 pm »
Quote from: m@l0cch10
If he transfers his PROPHET V license from the Syncrosoft key we provide to another Syncrosoft key, this customer will no longer be able to use our key to get PROPHET V working any more. quote]

Come on m@l0cch10.

What you see highlighted above just means that if you transfer the Prophet V license to another SyncroSoft dongle, the Arturia dongle no longer contains the Prophet V license - and therefore cannot be used to run the app / plugin anymore.

I have transferred my license too to another key (I run Cubase4, Wavelab6, Prophet V, Jupiter8, Korgs Legacy Collection and IK Multimedias TRackS on one single dongle).

So you must have done something wrong as it works perfectly here.

I DON'T work for Arturia by the way.

Kenneth Abildgaard
12bit
Denmark

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines