March 28, 2024, 03:22:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: logic wont open without dongle?  (Read 6673 times)

beatfest

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
logic wont open without dongle?
« on: August 07, 2007, 11:16:27 pm »
i cant open logic without the dongle for the jupiter, the last project i am working on (which opens by default) doesnt even have an instance of the jupiter loaded so why wont it open? i get the syncrosoft licence control error.

even if the project did have an instance of the jupiter loaded, fine make the jupiter not work but dont make the whole damn sequencer crash!!!!!!!!!

:x  :x  :x  :x  :x  :x

semtek

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 03:01:29 am »
I think this is a syncrosoft issue. I do sometimes feel with them that the copy protection system is a little heavy handed, for exactly the reason you have found.

Vincent T

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 10:26:08 am »
is your problem solved, beatfest?
Vincent
DSP Arturia

semtek

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 09:58:41 pm »
PS if you're on a Mac I find the best way to solve this is to remove the plug temporarily from the components and vst folders. This way you should be able to open the track even without the synth in.

djadept

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
that...
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2007, 04:24:55 am »
is just rediculous... i have the same problem... so now i HAVE to plug up a USB port just to open logic 8.. i think im just gonna return the software if they let me.. i havent heard a decent thing about this program yet

cycloptic

Re: logic wont open without dongle?
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 03:41:20 pm »
So has anyone found a resolution for this?

Although I have Jupiter 8 and Analog Factory plugins, I've been afraid to install them on my Macbooks. Since I am on laptops,  I normally do not travel with dongles, but I would like to use these at home.

I agree that these plug-ins should fail "gracefully" if the dongle is not present, especially if the project is not using any of the synths.

Has anyone tried disabling the synths via the AU validation utility? Would this be enough to avoid the crashing as a workaround?

cycloptic

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines