April 20, 2024, 10:28:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: is there a way of obtaining more than 8 voices ???  (Read 5757 times)

asheraa

is there a way of obtaining more than 8 voices ???
« on: November 07, 2003, 05:38:02 am »
my cpu will not go over 15% with the CS-80V.

Is there a way of getting say 16 voices by somehow running the program twice?

Can we expect from Arturia to add say 16-32 voices as a preference option for people with fast cpus?     is this a complex thing?
With 70's hardware, each voice were separate discreete components, that add to cost, tuning and wiring complexities.....  

Oberheim 8 voice, was just a 4 voice SEM, with four more SEM modules...

I am not a programmer, but I asume that the voice modules on virtual instuments are "program modules" like layers in parallel if you wish, that can be added to the program as simple copies of the original 8 voices, provided that RAM and CPU power exists.....

anyone on this?

www.ashera.com

xavier

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2003, 08:45:22 am »
Why 8 voices only ? Because of the limitation of the mulimode panel: Each voice can be tuned, paned, managed by one of the four midi zone which can assign voices with up to 7 modes (rotate, reset, unisson, ...).
Each voice can have its own sound....

With 16-32 voices, the multimode panel would be to complicated and to large.

Xavier

bg

• Beta-testers
Re: is there a way of obtaining more than 8 voices ???
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2003, 02:01:02 pm »
Quote from: "asheraa"
anyone on this?

8 is plenty.

asheraa

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2003, 11:27:08 pm »
let me understand, you mean that you limited to 8 voices because of the graphic size of the multimode pannel???

I would not mind if every voice after 8, had same parameters than one of the first 8 ones, but with all due respect ( and you have done a wonderfull job with the CS-80V ) 8 voices is NOT plenty, I just play a chord with both hands, use poly aftertouch and then want to play a second chord and I hear voices being "cut" on their tails.... and this is with slow playing on ONE instrument. I could care less on Multimode or Multitiblral operation, I just want to be able to play you know?

With hardware "racks" ( I remember say an Oberheim Matrix 6R, or Proteus modules... ) you could stack them, and by midi, make the "overflow" notes go to the next module....

I am shure this can be done very easily if the program is running twice somehow.....  This will still leave your Multimode pannel exactly as it is now.

Xavier?

xavier

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2003, 08:55:39 am »
Hi,

This could be change in further up date : 8 differents voices setting, but each could manage x voices : a menu choice could select form 1 to up 4 voices (in unisson mode, only one voice for each voices settting). So you could have 32 voices of polyphonie.

What do you thing ?
I put this in my whish list.

Regards
Xavier

asheraa

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2003, 05:43:04 am »
thanks Xavier,

Yes that would be good. But how about the overflow method and running the program twice ???  

Ant.

GX1 NUT

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2003, 10:31:17 am »
YEAHYEAH~~
I agree~~~
8 is too little...
MAYBE 32 voices.
Or like NI's VSTi FM7 and PRO53
you could add voices as you wish and dep on your computer power

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines