March 28, 2024, 10:02:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Ok You got me  (Read 7905 times)

Robert

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Ok You got me
« on: June 25, 2007, 07:29:42 am »
Ok you got me
I was foolish enough to go buy cubase 4 for mac and while I  was there I decided to buy all your software while I was at guitar center.

and at $200 a software all I was able to do was discover your stuff dont work on cubase 4. and I am not allowed to return open software back to the store. and Like a fool when one wouldn't work I would open another box right on down the line to find none of them work.

and I sent a tech support email over 2 weeks ago. and if I do a track on it. I find you haven't even read it yet. so this tells me no wonder your software don't work. is it because you guys don't work as well?

well thanks for ripping me off.
you know heres a crazy thought for you. how about saying on your software package cool looking graphics and the knobs really turn. and drop the price from $200 to $2.00
Have a nice day!
and I will as well soon as I get over being ripped off

Vincent T

• http://www.arturia.com
Ok You got me
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 09:59:34 am »
Hello Robert,
What is you configuration?
some of our former plugins are not yet working on cubase 4 Mac OS X, because steinberg decided one day that on this plateform Cubase should only accept VST 2.4 plugins.
 But the Jupiter 8V is working, The Prophet V is working, and you can download some updates for the MiniMg V and the ARP26000V on arturia's website www.arturia.com.

so this tells me no wonder your software don't work. is it because you guys don't work as well?

huhuhu.. oooh maybe you discovered arturia's biggest secret?!
Vincent
DSP Arturia

Robert

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Ok You got me
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 04:19:43 pm »
Hello
well after reading I am seeing maybe cubase is the reason but I also use pro tools with the digio 3 and they dont work in there as well.
all the Korg stuff I bought works fine.

Profit V and analog factory does not work at all in anything I have on my IMAC but they work fine as a stand alone program.

The Arp 2600 is the only one I didn't buy due to guitar center was out of them. and that was the one I wanted the most. Due to I use to own a real one as a kid. But now I am thinking twice about buying it even online here

I am using the Motief ES 6 to digio 3 in pro tools and cubase on an IMAC with 2 gigs of memory

sorry about the spelling its early yet

finally got Mg modular V to work in cubase but no such luck in pro tools

Vincent T

Ok You got me
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 05:32:25 pm »
hm Okay, so you have a tough problem.
which version of Protools do you use?
have you downloaded the update 1.1 of the Prophet V?
Vincent
DSP Arturia

Robert

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Ok You got me
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 06:04:26 pm »
I have pro tools LE that came with the digio 3 rack

and yes I did every update on everything I installed as I installed it. I registered and updated every bit of my gear and software.

my main software I use is cubase im still in a learning curve with pro tools so I only go back to that one when time permits.

problem is I own a company that does video for commercials. and background loops is a must for the videos. and no all clients really care for stuff done in reason. so cubase is a must for me. mainly because I can get around in there in a good turn around time when im faced with deadlines.

by the way thanks for the help I am pretty shocked I am getting help after sending out emails and even the sales rep for guitar center came over to try and get it working. and he got no where on the phone with arturia support.

Vincent T

Ok You got me
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 10:29:00 am »
Hello Robert,
I just had a talk with my colegue in charge of the compatibility of the products. He confirmed me the problem was that on the macintels and ONLY macintels it wasn't possible to use plugins VST <2.3 (it was a nice little surprise from steinberg) ; So the prophet V and AF can't work on this platform for the moment..(sorry)
Anyway, an update for the Prophet V should be available soon, and for Analog Factory a bit later...
Vincent
DSP Arturia

Robert

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Ok You got me
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2007, 03:42:42 pm »
Well I guess I can add a nice little email to steinberg for you. I love their software but I hate every time hey come out with something new its 3 steps forward 2 steps back. and every time they work the bugs out of it. they come out with a new version and start all over again.

My Apologies to Arturia on this You guys do make some amazing sounding stuff.

I have a couple more questions if you dont mind. one being how soon is soon for the Prophet V for the up date cause thats has to be my fav sounding keyboard. I can hold off on analog factory because its just some great sounds from all the other packages I have.

and 2 will CS-80V or MiniMg V or ARP2600 V work on my set up or am I dead in the water on these as well?
Thanks for your time :-)

Vincent T

Ok You got me
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2007, 04:02:58 pm »
My Apologies to Arturia on this You guys do make some amazing sounding stuff.

no problem, and thanks! the responsibilities are maybe half-half...

one being how soon is soon for the Prophet V for the up date cause thats has to be my fav sounding keyboard

I asked my collegue, a 'unofficial' update will be online on the forum between 2 weeks and a month...

and 2 will CS-80V or MiniMg V or ARP2600 V work on my set up or am I dead in the water on these as well?

the CS80V, the ARP2600V and the MiniMg V have all three been updates to the VST 2.4 standard..
Vincent
DSP Arturia

Robert

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Ok You got me
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2007, 04:20:53 pm »
he CS80V, the ARP2600V and the MiniMg V have all three been updates to the VST 2.4 standard

Ok I will go buy ARP2600 today then and install the rest of these :-)

I have to say I have bought about every kind of plugin VST you can think of
for PC and when I moved to mac and cubase 4 I made sure Arturia was the only stuff I was going to put on MAC. only one other software I found comes close to you guys and its a minimonsta. I can learn to live with that one if you guys were not around

I love the older sounds from Pink floyd to Yes to emerson lake and palmer
and you guys have really brought those sounds back for me.

thanks so much and a month is worth waiting for :-)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines