April 18, 2024, 04:42:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Again.. Prophet Update??  (Read 12498 times)

JWaltman

Again.. Prophet Update??
« on: July 04, 2007, 05:17:49 pm »
Hi,

I'd love to know if we could expect a Prophet V update somewhere this decade.

Still can't really use after almost a year. because of the well known crackling sounds bug.

And please, don't tell me you didn't have a day to spare for this in 1 year.

I really love this synth!!

btw. I was asked to be a Beta tester, but never recieved any more info about this. apart from the fact I did send all my details.

JWaltman

Again.. Prophet Update??
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 01:13:50 pm »
:cry:

andrewa

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Again.. Prophet Update??
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 04:36:27 am »
I think it is fair to say that Arturia couldn't care less about their customers.

Vincent T

• http://www.arturia.com
Again.. Prophet Update??
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 08:48:54 am »
I think it is fair to say that Arturia couldn't care less about their customers.

hmmm. I wouldn't say that...Seems to, but no. We would like to do these updates, but it takes a lot of time and as we chose the policy of the free updates it doesn't bring any money to the company... And needless to say that Origin is a heavy project that takes most of our ressources since a long time...
Vincent
DSP Arturia

guardner

• Beta-testers
    • Instagram
Again.. Prophet Update??
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 10:12:22 am »
Quote from: "Vincent T"

hmmm. I wouldn't say that...Seems to, but no. We would like to do these updates, but it takes a lot of time and as we chose the policy of the free updates it doesn't bring any money to the company... And needless to say that Origin is a heavy project that takes most of our ressources since a long time...

hmmmm.... free update... that s not fair again to say that because i have paid for a software that is not really working in my setup for over a year!!
and i have paid for it because i want to have this synth in my setup!!

so i think it's arturias turn to make it running. i don't want to pay twice for a product to get it running!!! :(
macOS 10.14.6, MatrixBrute, V-Collection7, Pigments, all FX and more...

JWaltman

Again.. Prophet Update??
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 10:17:33 am »
you had about a year to fix this very important part of the ProhpetV..

most mac users with more then 1 processor can only use 1 instance.. I dare to say this is a major bug which needed to be high on the priority list..

has someone actually tried to fix it during the last 12 months?

cant you offer some compensation for us? A lot of people paid big bucks for something they couldn't use. I wouldn't ask for this if it were a tiny bug, but this is major.. it just doesn't work as one could expect from a Virtual Insturment.

Vincent T

Again.. Prophet Update??
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007, 01:33:59 pm »
I know all these problems, and I am annoyed about them. I would like to take the time to do a perfect VST, it's not my role to choose the aims...Anyway, I will send the link of this thread to the concerned persons...
Vincent
DSP Arturia

andrewa

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Again.. Prophet Update??
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2007, 03:48:00 pm »
Quote from: "Vincent T"

First, thanks very much for your reply Vincent - it means a lot after feeling like we're being ignored for a year.

While Arturia is thinking about making money, they need to realize that ignoring this MAJOR bug has cost them many sales. I, and many of my associates had bought most of your products - up until some of us bought the Prophet V, which didn't work as advertised (multiple instances) and was never fixed. You have lost a lot of trust, at least among Mac users. Why would we buy another one of your products?

It is very insulting too see that Arturia is feverishly working on new products (Jupiter V8, Origin, etc.) while I sit here with my $200 broken Prophet V. And by now there should be a disclaimer on the box stating that this product will not work as expected for many Mac users.

Vincent T

Again.. Prophet Update??
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2007, 04:05:12 pm »
Sorry, I didn't want to be offensing ; and our primary goal is not making money.
Actually, you are not ignored, we already spent a lot of time filling a databe of bugs, and the developper in charge of the Mac versions is doing some unofficial updates given to beta-testers; all of that to be able to do a real major update in the future.
I am sorry about the delays, and I recognize that I would be very upset to have the feeling that I am working on a software that will never be updated because 'they' prefer releasing new buggy softwares ; But we will do that update.
Maybe the sad part of the story is that we don't give enough information about our plans to customers, and it's exactly why I'm answering all your questions (and even the more unpleasant ones) as honestly as possible.
Vincent
DSP Arturia

Sweep

Again.. Prophet Update??
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2007, 04:37:29 pm »
Thanks, Vincent. I think you've hit the nail on the head there.

I think Arturia's products are generally excellent. Many of the people who have problems with them seem to think so as well, which must make their frustration with serious problems even greater.

While there have been a small number of people who've simply been determined to find fault, there's also a larger number of people with genuine problems. I've always been concerned that the professional complainers would put prospective buyers off checking out your instruments - and also that they'd make the people with genuine problems less visible than they should be.

I think at this point we've got free from the one or two moaners we had, and the concerns being voiced are just the genuine ones, some of which are serious and desperately need addressing, like the ones in this thread.

From a practical point of view I can see why Arturia needs to keep bringing out new products to keep the company solvent. Simply stopping everything to fix bugs would probably be disastrous? But to a person who's paid good money for a synth that could be so good if only it worked properly, it must be very frustrating to see new products appearing and apparently nothing being done about existing problems.

Of course some of the problems aren't of Arturia's making. Compatibility with different operating systems and third-party software must make massive difficulties. Origin should be free from those problems, and I hope that takes off some of the pressure. But Vista looks like being a major nuisance for softsynths (and, I'm inclined to think, for most other software).

At this point I think it would help tremendously for Arturia to devote more time and attention to telling people what's happening, as you've suggested.

Of course taking someone off software writing to answer questions would be of limited help, and I can understand why the company hasn't done that. But regular comments from someone who understands the issues and appreciates the concerns of your customers would make a great difference, and may even assure the future of the company. I'd be very sad to see Arturia cease to exist because of a widespread view that the company ignores its customers and sells seriously buggy products. That could easily happen. But it could be avoided.

JWaltman

Again.. Prophet Update??
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2007, 04:45:28 pm »
please. if there's a beta for mac, which allows us to use more then 1 instance... please post it.. I really love this synth..

I think we deserve it. I know there are other bugs to be fixed.. but this is definately the biggest bug..

I'm really glad you're answering our questions now! We all felt a bit abandonned lately..

I'm looking forward using the Prophet on all my projects!!

guardner

• Beta-testers
    • Instagram
Again.. Prophet Update??
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2007, 05:23:53 pm »
yes!

and it is not a problem for me to install a beta on my system because i'm a beta tester for several hard- and software companies...
give us a link to download and test this version.
i think it will run better than the original release! ;)

greetings,
marcus
macOS 10.14.6, MatrixBrute, V-Collection7, Pigments, all FX and more...

andrewlandry

access to beta would be great
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2007, 07:57:09 pm »
I'm not sure what would have to happen behind the scenes for this to work, but I would love access to a beta that fixed the problem of only being able to run one instance at a time.

I was running the Prophet on a G4 iBook, and could run several instances without a problem.  I just upgraded to a MacBook, thinking I'd be able to run even more, but they sound all crazy when I run more than one now.  The real drag is that I can't run my projects that used to run fine on my slower computer - so weird.

That said, I love Arturia and just ordered the Arturia Collection Bundle on the strength of the sound of the Prophet.  It's unbelievably close to the sound of the real thing - it actually made me sell my real Prophet, which was my favorite synth.  Now that I'm experiencing this bug, it's hard to recommend to people.  I'm sure you guys are doing the best you can, and I'm not trying to make anyone feel bad, because I generally love your products, but I just wanted to stress that this is very important to me too, as it's one of my most used softsynths.

rjt

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Again.. Prophet Update??
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2007, 05:00:14 am »
I guess when I started reading this thread I got somewhat excited that an update was coming.  I've been over on the Sonar boards and people are noting some of the problems with some of the Arturia synths.  Someone mentioned an "unofficial" update to the JupiterV.  Of course, I chipped in my problems with the Prophet V.  I WISH my problem was that I could only run one instance.  When I run my one instance, I get cracks and pops, when I change patches (while I'm auditioning which patch I would like to use after I lay down a midi line) I get hanging midi or sometimes no sound at all.  Maybe someday, if I'm lucky I'll get one good working instance on PC.
Never wrestle in the mud with a pig--
You both get dirty and the pig likes it.

JWaltman

Again.. Prophet Update??
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2007, 07:10:15 pm »
cos of all this I decided not to buy a new arturia synth. The Jupiter looks great.. but I can't afford to buy something that doesn't work again.

So I went for Minimonsta, great synth, and best of all..it works :D

sorry arturia, but you didn't really give me a choice

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines