April 19, 2024, 11:48:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Clicking and crashing in Sonar 6  (Read 3672 times)

tbn68

Clicking and crashing in Sonar 6
« on: June 29, 2007, 01:22:55 pm »
Got my Jupiter today and, man, was I excited. After I installed it and after some light testing, man, was I dissapointed... The second patch I played - some sequence patch crashed the synth. After restarting I skipped the sequence patchs and moved on to the "light" patches - those who didn't eat all my CPU. If I play it fast I get this annoying clicking - making it unusable for anything.

I've tried to download the 1.03 version - it didn't help. My pc is 2G - 64, I can't imagine that letting the Jupiter down. I have plenty of other softies, and no problems.

Can anybody offer some help???

deep6ixx

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 12:06:52 am »
It would be instresting to see if this gets resolved since i too am excited by this product but havnt had any good results with sound stablity with my 3.4 HHT Pentium processor. If they can get this working well its a no brainer purchase for me. But if they cant then it looks like maybe Native Instruments Reactor for me. Good luck. I hope they get it fixed for you.

scoplunk

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 01:27:38 am »
If I play it fast I get this annoying clicking - making it unusable for anything.

Yes, I'm getting the same thing on my mac. If the attack is fast on both the filter and amp and I repeat notes, especially with a long release, there's a noticeable clicking at the beginning of the new note. The click doesn't occur on notes that haven't already been played. I've experimented with increasing my polyphony settings, thinking that maybe notes were being cut off, but this doesn't help. Changing the attack time of the filter envelope to around 7ms or so, seems to make the clicking less obvious, but I shouldn't need to do this.

I'm on a G5 dual 2.3 and cpu use is fairly low. Also, I have the V collection and I haven't noticed this behavior on any of the other instruments, so I have to think this is a bug in the JP8V. Is there any known workaround?

balance7000

clicking when hitting fast notes
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 12:53:12 pm »
same problem with my i-mac dual core 2.4ghz w/4gb ram, logic8, not a lame bird at all! this is really annoying, especially with slow pads!!!
funny, arturia seems to use user-forums for quality management.
really nice paying hundreds of bucks for gamma-testing so called top-notch software.
where is your quality control?! :evil:

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines